Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I won't be able to play with all of you for awhile.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't be able to play with all of you for awhile.

God life sucks.

I completely destroyed my left knee on Saturday. I slipped on some black ice and instead of it making it slipped I kinda jumped and my left knee took all of it. I am home now but I have been drugged up at the local hospital since 2am Saturday.

Broke my knee cap into 3 pieces and damaged the nearby bones.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: I won't be able to play with all of you for awhile.

ooooo, ouch, kneecap injuries are very painful.. i feel for you and hope the drugs keep the pain at bay, i have had my fair share of slips on ice (and knee injuries) hope your back at it soon
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

YAY FOR FRACTURED PATELLA!
      I completely feel your pain man. When I was in 5th grade, I went to an elementary school that had recently been converted from an adult high school. As such, our entire playground was made of asphalt (it used to be their parking lot). They pained some kickball "fields" on the asphalt for us and all was well for a while. Then, one day after it rained, we were playing kickball and as I was running to first base, one of the kids tripped me and I landed on my right knee, skidded a good 15 feet on the wet asphalt (only on the knee) and immediately passed out. I came to as my friends carried me into the nurses office, my knee streaming blood and already swelling. As the nurse attempted to clean the wound with gauze, she noticed pieces of what looked like bone coming off in the gauze. Turns out I had completely shattered my patella (kneecap), completely removed all the skin from my knee and partially torn the tendons above and below.

As a result, I have had to have 4 surgeries on my knee, the latest of which was less than two weeks ago to remove bone fragments floating in my knee. I have diminished function and chronic pain from the injury. My orthopedist tells me that I will have to have a total knee replacement by the time I'm 35 and before that, I'll be using a cane, most likely within the next two years. But at least I'll be stylish.

So yeah, I feel your pain. I wish you a speedy recovery and enjoy your pain meds while they last. Once they run out, it's gonna be hell on crutches.

Comment

^^^I plan on using myself as a personal medical marijuana experiment.

The doctors haven't told me how long I will be off of my feet. I am just worried that my career as a police officer may have just taken a fatal hit.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Nah, I got 15 years of good use out of my knee before it really started giving me problems. Recovery for me took 8 weeks in a brace, an additional 4 weeks of physical therapy. But my knee was slightly worse off than yours. You should be in much better shape when all is said and done.

Comment

Damn Ferris, never knew that about your knee!

Good look to the OP(RGM), hope you get better soon!
            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident mate. Take your time with the recovery and follow the doc's instructions to the letter. Get as much rehab as you can and when you feel strong enough start pushing yourself that little bit harder, your knee will let you know when you are doing too much. Stick with it and you will be on course for a full recovery and your future career will be there in front of you.

My resume thus far

Multiple torn ligaments.
              Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament (right knee) followed by reconstructive surgery, cannabalised leg tendons used as new knee ligaments and bolted into knee.
              Ruptured achilles tendon (same leg lol), surgery, massive scar.

The rehab is a bitch and you will get a bit down at times, just keep your chin up and do the hard work. You will be fine. Oh and lay off the full fat coke and potato chips whilst your recuperating, the weight is hard to shift while your imobile lol.

All the best, get well soon.
              Last edited by Wicks; 02-26-2008, 04:59 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I don't drink soda often and am not a big fan of potato chips.

I mainly drink water and juices. (Real juices not "juice drinks")
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
                  I don't drink soda often and am not a big fan of potato chips.

I mainly drink water and juices. (Real juices not "juice drinks")
                  "wtf is juice ? I want some grape drink!" xD

Good luck on your road to recovery there Custom... I can only imagine the pain you were feeling a few days ago.. Feel better man!
                  Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                    "wtf is juice ? I want some grape drink!" xD
                    Sugar, water, and purple..that is the ingredients! :icon26:

Just don't ask Roger Clemens about juice...

OT: Custom, I hope you recover quickly. Just like you, I am also layed up due to a horrific winter mishap. I swear I am moving sooner rather than later...
                    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Did they give you any indication on how long you'll need to recover?

sigpic

Donate Blood. Ask for a gun and a bucket.

Comment

Don't worry about your career as a police officer. But you NEED to take the PROPER amount of time to HEAL before you start running and such.

Best of luck.
                        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Bc2ID View Post
                          Sugar, water, and purple..that is the ingredients! :icon26:

Just don't ask Roger Clemens about juice...
                          rofl!! for real... Roger would just lick his lips 14 times and dance around the question..
                          Dizlor

Comment

No injuries. My flexibility is masterful. The only scary accident I had was falling backwards off the edge of a mountain trail in Afghanistan in the middle of the night. One second I'm standing there on what feels like a solid boulder watching my buds through my NVGs, and the next second the boulder shifts under my feet and I'm tipping backwards into the night.

I hear my team leader go, "Oh, ****!" and then I'm off into the air for what feels like forever, wind whistling in my ears and my gritting my teeth for impact. It wasn't too far of a fall, luckily. I basically fell from the top of a 1-story house, so to speak. So what? 15 feet? My assault pack full of gear saved me from worse injury. I was stunned for a few seconds, and I banged up my hip but that was it. I remember lying there struggling to get off my ass while my buddies scrambled down to me while my team leader's radioing to my squad leader, "Hold up! Gypsy just fell!"

No harm done. Just a cool little anecdote. :)

Comment

Well, look at the good side of things... At least you didn't injure your mouse hand! ;)

<get well soon>

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X