Mythbusters' Kari Byron Chops Down Trees with a Gatling Gun in 45 Seconds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mythbusters' Kari Byron Chops Down Trees with a Gatling Gun in 45 Seconds

I think most people here will find this video pretty amusing.
    Enjoy
    Mythbusters' Kari Byron Chops Down Trees with a Gatling Gun in 45 Seconds
    http://gizmodo.com/361730/mythbuster...-a-gatling-gun

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Mythbusters' Kari Byron Chops Down Trees with a Gatling Gun in 45 Seconds

awesome, but what a waste of a mesquite tree!!! that tree was probably over 100 years old
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

They love using that gatling gun.

Comment

wow.. caught that damn first tree on fire!! O.O
        Dizlor

Comment

I'd like to know just how much that cost... firing a minigun for nearly two minutes.
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I love her.

Sarcoma
            Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
              awesome, but what a waste of a mesquite tree!!! that tree was probably over 100 years old
              It was already just a log. I am sure they collected the remains and used it for some good BBQ.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Man, who DOESN'T have a crush on Kari Byron?

Comment

I know I do! She needs to do a playboy issue :) Something along the lines of the shots I saw of her scantily dressed as a scientist.....oooo la la

Comment

Wait, there's a gun in the video?

All I saw was the woman of my dreams.
                    Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
                      It was already a dead tree they reburied and fired at. They were testing chopping down a tree with a machine gun. First gun was a Thompson, Second was a small machine gun and the 3rd was the Gatling Gun

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

You know, everyone always knocks me for having a thing for redheads, and then as soon as someone mentions Kari Byron, everyone drools. Hypocrites. :)

On the upside and unrelated to this episode, I have a particular place in my heart for Mythbusters because they film a good portion of their stuff at the former Naval Air Station Alameda, where I used to live. I loved living on that base, mostly because my dad was XO and I was completely untouchable and had the run of the place. Hell, we used to race gokarts on the flight line when they werent doing flight ops. Every time I watch an episode on the base, it makes me nostalgic.

But yeah, Kari Byron...in the words of Adam Sandler "soooo hot, want to touch the heine!"

Comment

When she said, "Smells gooood. Smells like destruction," I instantly fell in love. Sigh.
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                            I'd like to know just how much that cost... firing a minigun for nearly two minutes.
                            For two minutes flat?

Let's say you purchase your 7.62mm ammunition at... some bulk rate. $0.50 a round. (Surely Mythbusters can get hooked up with cheap surplus ammo.)

If the minigun's firing at its 2,000 rpm rate, then 4,000 rounds x $.50 = $2,000.

If they're firing it on its 4,000 rpm rate, then it'd be $4,000.

Comment

lol, nice work with that gun!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X