X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawn of WAR!

really cool RTS, check it out

Re: Dawn of WAR!

I've been playing around with the demo for a while. Picked it up last night. Then remembered I had to be in at work really early in the morning, so I havn't had a chance to install it!! doh!

Comment

Wasn't all that impressed with the demo myself, but may pick it up nonetheless. There were definitely some interesting changes to "normal" RTS gameplay.

Comment

it reminds me of NS in a way, its about the the res nodes to win the game hehe :). This game is a must have for any starcraft fan :).

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
          it reminds me of NS in a way, its about the the res nodes to win the game hehe :). This game is a must have for any starcraft fan :).
          Link? I liked Starcraft a lot. In fact, that was the first video game that I ever really looked forward to seeing released. Dawn of War is by Blizzard? I haven't heard of it before...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Pretty fun game. The squad system allows you to rebuild your army on the go in a sense, i like that. The special units (similar to wc3) are nice and so are the uber uniques.

Its certainly worth a try, good for some fun. Orcs are the greatest, in all games, now and forever...and ever.

http://www.dawnofwargame.com/homepage.php Link for those interested in finding out more. I don't know if I would compare it to starcraft (and no it isn't made by blizzard) but I do enjoy it.

Wish they would make the characters customizable (not just the team color scheme) I have wanted an rts to do that for ages :( (I don't think any rts has really done so).

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Oh, this is that Warhammer 40K game that Wolfie was talking about a while back...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yes, Warhammer 40k based. Not made by Blizzard; made by Relic Entertainment. They're best known for the Homeworld line of games. It should be noted that I despise Homeworld, and DoW feels like it(at least to me).

"This game is a must have for any starcraft fan" - Turbinator
                Why? I'm with Polska on this currently.

"Wish they would make the characters customizable (not just the team color scheme) I have wanted an rts to do that for ages (I don't think any rts has really done so)." - Polska
                Warcraft 3 with its heroes is about as close as anyone has come, I'd guess. Adding RPG functionality to a RTS seems wrong on numerous levels, most likely needlessly complicating a simple game type.

Comment

I suppose lirix, but things of that nature can simply be optional for freaks like me :). If I could customize characters on a deeper level, I would probably spend more time customizing then playing :).

I guess color scheme is a start, maybe someday my rts dreams will come true. Fully customizable colors on each unit would have been nice. There is probably a way to customize a lot of this stuff if only I can find a way to get into the game files :).

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

my demo wont install properly :(

Comment

My first installer was corrupt, the 2nd took about 30 minutes to install (my cousin also ahd problems). :/

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

[QUOTE=Lirix]Yes, Warhammer 40k based. Not made by Blizzard; made by Relic Entertainment. They're best known for the Homeworld line of games. It should be noted that I despise Homeworld, and DoW feels like it(at least to me).

"This game is a must have for any starcraft fan" - Turbinator
                        Why? I'm with Polska on this currently.[QUOTE]

Because it fast paced, action oriented. The fact that it has marines, no other game had rines, before starcraft.

In terms of customization polska, total anihilation, was the 1st RTS where u could modify units, you coul get like a 100 diferent variations heh.

Comment

im not saying this game is starcraft, im saying anyone who liked starcraft , this one is a must. There are differences between them, very big diferences in gameplay, but action wise its the same. Id say its the first rts since starcraft, that made battles exciting.

Comment

second installler... borked. :|

Comment

I was in the beta for a long time, very cool game except the tech tree isn't very good. All races are the same, just different skins etc.

Other than that, it's a very very cool game!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X