Making A New Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making A New Server

I am thiniking about making my own server for bf2 and also a TS server. Does anyone know the steps i have to take in order to achive that? Cause I am just a rookie

Re: Making A New Server

what are your plans with this server?

Comment

You can start here

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Do you have to pay for it cause i cant because i have no credit card or is that just for a ranked server

Comment

unless you are running the server from your own box with your own internet connection, it does cost money to rent both unranked and ranked servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiggy View Post
            Do you have to pay for it cause i cant because i have no credit card or is that just for a ranked server
            Of course not, people will just work for free, and let you use their servers too...
            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Turkish, dont be a dork. Yes, you have to pay for ranked and unranked servers unless, as stated, you're hosting the server off your own computer. However, unless you have a very very nice connection, a full server on a home computer connection is probably going to be a lagfest.

Comment

:row__682:Turkish, report for appropriate human-interface training, verbal communications module, for recalibration...again.

*psst* add a smiley next time...you have all the social grace of a steamshovel. :D

See?
                sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Eeevil View Post
                  :row__682:Turkish, report for appropriate human-interface training, verbal communications module, for recalibration...again.

*psst* add a smiley next time...you have all the social grace of a steamshovel. :D

See?
                  .....*bios screen*

*reset verbal communications module*

*Systems reset*

"Now Twiggy, you must pay a server company to host your server, unless you have a computer set aside for standalone work.

They are fairly expensive, so I wish you luck in any endeavors your heart may desire.

May my deepest support and sympathy be with you"

Did the system reboot work? My HD has been loaded with crap lately...

P.S I actualy like steam shovels :(
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Home connections don't have the upstream bandwidth to host any kind of game server with more than 2-4 players. For that, you really need a server hosted in a data center. There, you pay a big gob for the outbound bandwidth. (I dread to think what Apophis bandwidth bill is!)

However, if you want to get your feet wet, you could host a LAN server for your local friends to play on. It's a good way to learn about what's involved in running a server. Before the Internet, that's how we all played multiplayer.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X