Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts

Did anyone get this? It was kinda a silent release, but grew in hours once they released it on NIN's website - http://ghosts.nin.com/main/home

Trent gave us quite a few choices - http://ghosts.nin.com/main/order_options The 300$ ultra-deluxe edition has already sold out. You can get the first nine tracks for free, and no credit card information is needed.

I finally was able to download it this morning. I chose the 5$ package, its a very good deal. For 5$ I was able to get all 36 tracks, a PDF Booklet, and tons of wallpapers, and avatars with NIN logo's. Also, they give you the choice of MP3 320kbps, FLAC loseless, and Apple loseless formats. It's a steal. As I'm listening to this album right now, even though its just instrumental, its pretty amazing.

Go get yours now!

Re: Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts

Not a big NIN fan, but I bought the $5 Apple lossless pack yesterday. I've listened to some of it and it's OK.

Mostly I bought it to support an artist that is going around the RIAA, just like I bought the Radiohead album.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Nails produces another very solid album. Nice. Thanks for the heads up Undead! +Rep!

Comment

I was seriously thinking about getting the Limited Edition, I'm a big fan of NIN, unfortunately the cost kept me from making the decision quickly, and as we know the time is up. Kinda bummed now because now that it's not available, I really want it.

that was a quick 3/4 of a mil for Trent, though im sure it cost a bit and signing and numbering 2,500 of anything takes alot of effort.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Sorry I only listen to rock music once in a while, i love reggae, rap, hip, R&B.

Comment

I'm DEFINITELY gonna buy this after work! I remember it was a big deal when NIN let their old record contract go without renewing it. I gave Radiohead 10 pounds just for the principle alone! I hope more and more artists start sticking it to the man like this. I hate the recording industry for lots of reasons, so its good to know that artists (at least established ones) don't need them anymore.

Thanks for the link!
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I was a long time fan of NiN until Year Zero - I lost a lot of respect for Reznor because of that album.

While I certainly appreciate what Reznor and other artists have been doing concerning the RIAA, Trent's gone the self-insisting uninformed political route with his music.

Thanks for the headsup
              Skud

Comment

Just out of curiosity... They supposedly offer various formats in the shopping cart. Any of them in MP3?
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

mp3 320kbps lame encoded.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                    Just out of curiosity... They supposedly offer various formats in the shopping cart. Any of them in MP3?
                    Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                    Also, they give you the choice of MP3 320kbps, FLAC loseless, and Apple loseless formats.
                    :row__577:
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Heh, apparently they uploaded this onto torrent sites.

http://torrentfreak.com/nin-uploads-...-sites-080303/

Comment

I don't think Trent Reznor cares if he loses money on albums. That's his redeeming quality.
                        Skud

Comment

I've seen quite a few interviews with Trent and the biggest thing I can take from them is that hes one of those few artists who makes music for the sake of making music. He has freely said that he'd be just as content playing music out of someone's garage, he just wouldnt have access to all the cool toys he has at his disposal now. Thats admirable, especially in the fact of all the greedy-assed musicians who just want a paycheck.

Oh yeah, and I used a MP3 editor to turn all 36 tracks into one giant track and played it on AudioSurf (ninja elite, baby). That was freaking intense.

Comment

Eat THAT Lars!

I went ahead and went the $10 route. Even if the album blows, I wanted to support the slap in the face against the RIAA and greedy musicians/record labels everywhere. 100% DRM Free music, baby! Woooooo. I'm all about paying for my music, but the RIAA is moronic telling us we don't have a right to make MP3's of our own CD's. All that fair use crap. I look forward to hearing this album. I sure hope it's not as politically charged as year zero. I just like hearing Trents awesome sentho-beats/rhythm/melodies.
                            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
                              Heh, apparently they uploaded this onto torrent sites.

http://torrentfreak.com/nin-uploads-...-sites-080303/
                              Yea the whole thing is under a creative commons license, so its perfectly legal for once to get it off torrent sites :)
                              (All 36 are under this license, not just the first 9 the official torrent includes)
                              The $5 is more a donation.

I'm thinking of picking up the $10 CD version, would be nice to have a hardcopy of the pictures of each song, and I haven't bought a real CD in forever.

Not quite sure I like it yet though...its...unique...to say the least. Most tracks don't have any kind of melody, its all just kinda ambient sounding.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X