mIRC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mIRC

Who here knows how to operate mIRC thoroughly?

I'm trying to run mIRC on the GameSurge servers, but no matter what server i go to it says unable to connect, for all servers. i don't know what im doing wrong can someone please guide me through the steps to get me up and running with the GameSurge servers? thanks!
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: mIRC

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
    Who here knows how to operate mIRC thoroughly?

I'm trying to run mIRC on the GameSurge servers, but no matter what server i go to it says unable to connect, for all servers. i don't know what im doing wrong can someone please guide me through the steps to get me up and running with the GameSurge servers? thanks!
    Something might be blocking the port. You behind any kind of firewall?

Try connecting to a non-standard (not 6667) port.
    eg. /server -m Gameservers.NJ.US.GameSurge.net:7000

Comment

also, is it just gamesurge, or is it ALL irc networks? try connecting to a random DALnet server and see if that works. if it does, then you'll probably just need to go to gamesurge.net and get one of the server addresses and enter it manually. IIRC mIRC 6.15 (or whatever the latest version is) doesnt have the gamesurge server addresses entered in correctly by default.

Comment

Update:

Ok, For Ferris and Satertek, when i go to ANY server, with any port, it says Unable to Connect, and i noticed something i didn't see before it says after it: (Connection Refused).

Im not sure what that means so.... yeah.
        "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Maybe your software firewall is blocking mirc.exe from establishing outbound connections. Did you look into that?
          former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

No i did not, i believe my Firewall is either the Windows Firewall or AVG. I'm really into computers, but that is the one thing i do not understand at all and don't know how to figure out what to do with is Firewalls.

EDIT: I think my 14-day trial is ended, but i used to have Zonealarm it says also, but i guess its not running anymore since the trial ended. IDK if that was the firewall instead of AVG or what

Comment

Make sure your not blocking ident as well, i've seen that be an issue. and that ident info ie (the email addy, even if bogus (and should be bogus) is filled in)

I've used irc since 93.
              1 try temporarily turning off your firewall -what is result.
              2 try to connect to a server, then (with mIRC) click the top right corner of the status window and save a log file, or copy and paste everything in status window from start to refusal in a file and post that file or a cut and paste here so we can see whats up.
              3 try checking the firewall option (memory is vague on that to be honest)
              Bf2142-TOOmuchMcLovin
              America's Army- -=No.Ob=-McLovin
              Bf2-TOOmuchSEX

Comment

option: uninstall all firewall programs, working or expired.

then goto control panel, and disable then re enable windows firewall. Try to connect. You should get a request to allow or deny. result?
                Bf2142-TOOmuchMcLovin
                America's Army- -=No.Ob=-McLovin
                Bf2-TOOmuchSEX

Comment

Try Chatzilla, it's free. It's an extension for Firefox, which you might already use. Although, this wouldn't be the right IRC client if you don't want to run a web browser to use it.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Agree with Sarc, Chatzilla is good.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X