No announcement yet.

Warhammer online.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warhammer online.

Hello TG’ers. For those of you that don’t know me, let me give you a little bit of an introduction.
    I go by the gamer names: Skyrabbit & Skyvortex. My online gaming experience is pretty wide covering various types of games such as:
    Quake, Command and conquer, Age of Empires, the entire Battlefield series, UT series, I even had my day in the JK:outcast multiplayer logging over 100 hours online.
    I was introduced to TG from the current Battlefield 2142 where I have met some exemplary players.
    But I must say my hear lies with the MMORPGs.
    A dash of everquest led to a bounty hunter in SWG, and finally, two priests (1 70 undead, 1 60 dwarf, and a undead rogue at 70 in World of Warcraft. Between SWG and WoW I have almost 5 solid years of MMO player vs. player love.
    I recently left WoW due to the excessive grind and lack of a good PvP game, which is what brought me back to the FPS and 2142.
    Being 33 years old and owning just about every single console since I was 9, I have had my share of gaming.

Now most of you may know of the new MMORPG coming up. Warhammer online: Age of Reckoning.
    I’ve been following the development of this game for about a year and IMHO, it looks very promising and could be very attractive to several gamers here, MMO fans and FPS fans alike.
    The main premise of the game, other than the typical MMO baseline, is player vs. player and even offering the chance to level from player vs. player.
    (in warhammer PvP is called RvR which stands for realm vs. realm) For those of you that do not know, the class base is similar to other games such as warcraft.
    Ranged DPS
    Melee DPS
    Similar to warcraft instances, in warhammer online we get the treat of sacking enemy cities, capitols, and keeps. All against other players who control those points or maybe even defending said points, all in real time.
    Features from the website are as follows
    “Key Features
    · Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and
    magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic
    nature of war and the glory of battle.
    · Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or
    the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.
    · Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the
    same map in support of the greater war.
    · Engage in four levels of RvR combat:

- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
    - Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
    - Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
    - Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city
    · Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:

- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
    - Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
    - Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
    - Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot
    · A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and
    Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).
    · Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and
    Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their
    character truly unique.
    · Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed
    monster information, and major story plotlines.
    · Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection.”

Although I do not know much of the warhammer lore, I like you folks, love to dominate other players. Where warcraft was based on PvE (player vs. enviorment) in warhammer, TG players can engage in just that, tactics focused in an MMO.
    The class charts are as follows:
    Good guys-
    TANKS: Ironbreaker (dwarf), Knight (Empire-humans), Swordmaster (high elf and personal fav.)
    MELEE DPS: Hammerer (dwarf), Witch hunter (empire), White lion (high elf)
    RANGED DPS: Engineer (dwarf), Bright wizard (empire), Shadow Warrior (elf)
    HEALER: Runepriest (dwarf), warrior priest (empire), Archmage (high elf)
    Bad guys-
    TANKS: Black Orc (greenskin), Chosen (chaos), blackguard (dark elf)
    Melee DPS: Orc Choppa (greenskin), Marauder(chaos), Witch elf (dark elf)
    RANGED DPS: Squid Herder (greenskin), Magus (chaos), Sorcerer(dark elf)
    HEALERS: Shaman (greenskin), Zealot (chaos), Disciple (dark elf)

One of the biggest factors in the game that brings me here is the guild/clan options.
    Guilds in warhammer actually level up together. The more you put in the guild, the more the guild progresses.
    There are currently 40 individual character levels but 100 ranks within a guild.
    Guild unlocks are over 1,000.
    All for killing the other factions.
    Sounds good eh? I plan on playing one of the good guys for a change. Since most of the, what seemed, younger kids started to fill up the horde or bad guys in WoW I fear this may be a trend so I think a swordmaster is probably my first choice but……………
    I would like to see feedback regarding the game and the new concept of “living guilds”.
    I am entertaining the idea of sponsoring a TG warhammer guild, with the blessing of the TG heads of course.
    But until then, would very much like feedback from the community in regards to the interest level in the game, if any. If you should have any questions please drop me a line. Until then, here is some recommended reading.
    Thank you for your time.

*will provide guild leadership experience upon request.

Re: Warhammer online.

I'd like to expand on this thread, to gauge interest in getting the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning forum up and running.

I already suggested the forum in the dev area, but we need more "interest" generated in order to get a forum created. Open Beta is nigh, and the game is set to ship on the 19th of September (next month...)

If there aren't sufficient replies to this message, then I may re-post to make sure there is a fresh thread.
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Already pre-ordered and just waiting for Euro open beta to begun (curse their slow finishing). Going to be great game, no matter what.

I'm already joining "evil" guild by other community that is Finnish, bad guys weren't what I was going at begun because there is going to be so many 10 year old kids with Chosen, I know it. But if I make Witch Hunter I would love to join TG's guild (or if Squid Herder and Marauder turn me down).

I'm really familliar with warhammer lore and know main parts of it already very well, and it is so made for PvP. If I won't join your guild I will want all of you guys to my friend list.

For sure. I'll be grouping with my best friend and a few of our other friends, and two of them can be hardcore. Or at least, have a knack for getting into the higher-level guild and then pulling me in to them :D SO I can't guaantee that I would be part of a TG guild. HOWEVER, I would still do runs with TGers and still group up and whatnot. If there's a really good TG guild that forms, then who knows, my friends might follow ME (for once...) into it and there we go.
        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams

When is the open beta, and how do I get in. Signed up for closed last year, but never got in.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Originally posted by Polska View Post
            When is the open beta, and how do I get in. Signed up for closed last year, but never got in.
            Not sure on Open Beta yet, but if they're sticking to the release of Sept 19th, then it HAS to be soon. A buddy of mine had stated that his impression is that it will be VERY soon, and he's the kind of guy who's good at anticipating stuff like this.

They're supposedly still taking apps for the Closed Beta, but I'm not sure of your chances of getting in.

Open Beta is slowed down by EA's problematic testing system. All the true testing is left for Closed Beta, after couple weeks before release there will be short open beta, where servers will be tested and things like that. 1 reason this might be that everything you achieve in Open Beta may not be carried to the real game. It would be great if they are anyway.

Only way to get into Open Beta for sure, currently is to Pre-Order collectors edition, propably al that were in closed beta, and some who tried to get into it will be send Open Beta acces key... I'm not sure but this is how I think it should go...

is it f2p?

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                  is it f2p?
                  Warhammer online will unfortunately require (like most MMORPGs) monthly payment.

Final release date and prices of game have been announced

Originally posted by View Post
                    Paris, France – August 6th, 2008 – GOA, Orange’s games unit and Mythic Entertainment, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced the release date of 18th September 2008 for the eagerly awaited MMORPG, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ (WAR), as well as confirming retail launch offerings and subscription fees.

From launch, subscriptions can be purchased online and within the game:
                    - 1 month for 12.99€ (£10.31)
                    - 3 months for 35.97€ (£28.55)
                    - 6 months for 65.94€ (£52.34)

Alternatively, pre-paid Game Card packs for a 60-day subscription will be available through participating retailers for 29.99€ (£23.81).
                    Why is prepaid pack so expensive... I hate to pay with credit card...
                    All that there was about open beta was that you should pre-order collectors edition if you want into it... But because there is only 6 weeks and 1 day for game to be realeased, I would say it is at the end of this month or at beginning of next month.

Originally posted by Silver_Pipe View Post
                      Warhammer online will unfortunately require (like most MMORPGs) monthly payment.
                      i see . . i thought it is free to play. because some of the games that i've played are f2p like the neo steam

I have tried a few MMOs out there that are "Free to Play", and the only scheme I've seen that "worked" are the ones that instead, charge you $50 for an expansion pack that's released twice a year.

I'm just not with the "F2P" thing and how all around chaotic those environments can be.

Charge the monthly fee for good support, active admins, legal accountability (legit account info), low-cost quality expansions, bandwidth, and removal of any ads... count me in. Some things are worth the cost.

Like a TG Supporting Membership :D

Well f2p has upsides and downsides. Only game I may think you are talking about Spulat is Guild Wars. I like the way how that game doesn't require you to pay, because then you can be sunday gamer. But instead is you want to be total HC player, payments give you lot more content. I'm ready to pay it because this game is going to be great.

With June newsletter of WAR just released and news about open beta, I really can't wait any longer.

Open beta will include everything until rank 20 (same as level) and Tier 2 (&1). Nothing will be carried to the "real" deal, so mainly I will use it to practise game's system etc. Meaby try to make guild if possible... WAR is most TG friendly MMORPG that there is, or so it seems. Tactical and strategic choses that change your fighting. It is very PVP weighted and is fun for even friendie groups, so I would love to play with all TG players who join WAR. You guys decided what classes you take? I will go for bad guys, Marauder seems to be my first. If some1 is going to make orc/goblin I might do Squid Herder too, and I might make order character too, don't know yet. We'll see...
                          Last edited by Mixa; 08-07-2008, 03:21 PM.

I haven't chosen a class yet, but my friends and I are going to be Evil. Just more fun that way ;)

In these types of RPGs, I mostly prefer hybrid and/or utility classes. In fact, I spent the majority of my time in WoW leveling up a cow dr00d to 66 before quitting it forever. I tried many other classes, including caster classes, but none really took. In EQ I split my time between a Ranger and a Bard.

I don't think I will really know, until I get in the beta and try out some different configurations.

i thought guild war requires a monthly payment?

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed