m110 sniper rifle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m110 sniper rifle

Saw a post about this over in the PR.com off topic section, and wanted to pass the video on to everyone here:

m110 sniper rifle
    http://www.militarytimes.com/multime...110sniperrifle

Me likey. :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: m110 sniper rifle

Sexy!
    | | |

Comment

That's a trip. Let's put that in the next Counter-Strike, eh?

Comment

Sweeet!

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Hmmm... It's just an AR-10 with some cool features. I like that BUIS that is also part of the top rail. I've seen better adjustable stocks. The Leupold is nice! Bipod is lame. A leather sling would be better. Not sure Army snipers would know what to do with a sling, though... Probably carry it over their shoulder...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

o my lord! That is sweet and sexy. Is quieter then my 22cal rifle...lol
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
              o my lord! That is sweet and sexy. Is quieter then my 22cal rifle...lol
              It may seem so in the video, but supersonic ammo is always going to be louder than subsonic rounds. Just harder to place the source if suppressed, which is a good thing for a sniper!
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                It may seem so in the video, but supersonic ammo is always going to be louder than subsonic rounds. Just harder to place the source if suppressed, which is a good thing for a sniper!
                good point. i guess when you are stationed down town on a roof that would be a good thing.
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Both the British and Canadians have opted for new larger calibre sniper rifle due to experience in Afghanistan:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                    Hmmm... It's just an AR-10 with some cool features. I like that BUIS that is also part of the top rail. I've seen better adjustable stocks. The Leupold is nice! Bipod is lame. A leather sling would be better. Not sure Army snipers would know what to do with a sling, though... Probably carry it over their shoulder...
                    Actually it is much more than an AR-10, especially considering it is 7.62mm and not the 5.56mm of the AR-10. It would be more accurate to say that "it's just another SR-25, which has been the AR derived 7.62 semi-automatic sniper rifle that has been around for many years. The AR-10, SR-25, SR-15, and this new M110 SASS are all Stoner rifle designs and are being made the the private company, Knight's Armament, in FL. The full floating barrel doesn't require glass bedding compound or special procedures to assemble and maintain as with other bolt action rifles use by the military like the Remington Model 700. A very versatile weapon in my opinion. More info on this page:

http://www.knightarmco.com/images/sr25.html

And yes it is available with a sling as well as many other optics options and US Army snipers are highly trained in their use of their weapons so I'm sure they can make do with whatever options they are supplied with. Most sniper shots are taken from a prone position and the bipod supports the weapon properly in this position. It's particularly useful considering the sniper may have to lay in position to take a shot for hours.

Comment

"Actually it is much more than an AR-10, especially considering it is 7.62mm and not the 5.56mm of the AR-10."

Your post fell on its face very swiftly, friend. :(

/Has an LAR-08 on order.
                      //It's a Rock River redesign of the old AR-10.
                      ///.308
                      ////Get delivered, dangit!

Comment

Correct, the original AR-10 was 7.62 and the AR-15 was 5.56, my mistake. Still, all are Eugene Stoner designs.

Comment

Jesus... the related videos? The M26 modular shotgun's prototype was issued to us in 2003, during our tour in Afghanistan.

That prototype was crap, let me tell you. :P

Also, that laser sight prototype (XM320) already exists for the M203. You sort of clip it on. It's a pain in the ass to use and dial in and carry and blahblahblah. Just slap a goddamn leaf sight on to the top of your rifle and you're good to go (the side-load of the tube is pretty cool, though). I mean, watch the process he describes. "Take our your laser rangefinder, laze it, put the range finder back, dial in the range on your sight, aim, wait for the light to tell you you're not canted"... blahBlahBLAH! Christ. The leaf sight isn't THAT inaccurate. It's actually not inaccurate at all, no more than red dot sights and whatever are more accurate than iron sights. You just have to be TAUGHT how to accurately estimate range.

See the emphasis on TAUGHT? The modern Army seems to be forgetting that aspect. It's all about dumb-ass IEDs and dealing with the locals and Rules of Engagement ("You always have the right to defend yourself... BUT YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YOU'RE JUSTIFIED IN SHOOTING, BECAUSE YOU CAN BE DAMN SURE WE'LL DO A 15-6 INVESTIGATION AND GRILL YOU ABOUT IT AND IF YOU'RE WRONG IT'S OFF TO LEAVENWORTH!!!")

*sigh* Glad I'm getting out before they start making us use all that crap. Equipment is getting so retarded. Iraq is mentally handicapping our military.

Comment

Isn't that the same thing as the SR-25?

OLD NEWS BOOYYYYYYY :p
                            Skud

Comment

Might be different
                              sigpic
                              <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X