A Proud Dad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Proud Dad

So...my power goes out last night. I always wake up before my alarm clock so it wasn't a problem for me. It's 5:30AM and I'm getting ready for work along with lighting some candles and finding a couple of flashlights for my kids to use.

Everyone else doesn't get up if they don't have their alarm on...most don't get up even WHEN their alarm is on. I head to my 12 year old daughter's room. She's got your normal pre-teen schedule. Decent amount of homework, track practice, regular after-school stuff. She's good kid all around, but never seems to listen as well as I'd like. Nothing strange there.

I shine the flashlight in her face and wake her up. Her first question..."What's up with the flashlight?". "The power's out.", I reply. Then...without any prompting from me whatsoever she says in her sleepy voice..."So when we go to the refridgerator we should know exactly what we want to take out and keep the door closed as much as possible?".

I kid you not. I was so floored I couldn't respond right away. Radio? Hairdryer? Curling iron? Internet?...Not even worried about it. Keeping the food cold...priority one.

It's the little things that make a Dad proud. Thought I'd share 'cause I thought it was pretty funny.

:)

Snarlin

Re: A Proud Dad

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post
    I kid you not. I was so floored I couldn't respond right away. Radio? Hairdryer? Curling iron? Internet?...Not even worried about it. Keeping the food cold...priority one.
    Well, you did say that she's not a teenager yet.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

She also was thinking concurrently she didn't want a lecture from you and/or a yelling.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Quit bursting his bubble, guys. So...you did tell her that she made you feel proud...and bragged about her to the guys at TG, riiigghht? :row__577:
        sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Get her basic-practical certified at the loal range and perfect starting fire with sticks, moss, and a bow and you're ready for armageddon.

Comment

Hmm, seems my last post lost my other edit.

Congrats on not having to tell you what needs to be done! :D
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

your kiddo rocks Snarlin! hahahah

very nice sir!!! :)

Comment

And I thought he had a new a new addition to the family when I read the title :(

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                  Well, you did say that she's not a teenager yet.
                  lol yep, wait for two more years...
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

*sniff* when im old like you i hope my kids will be like that
                    People make mistakes all the time, unfortunately you were one of them.

UndeadComrade

Comment

If the power was out I'd say 'Good I have an excuse to not go to school for a few hours. Go away Dad.'

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post
                        So...my power goes out last night. I always wake up before my alarm clock so it wasn't a problem for me. It's 5:30AM and...
                        I'd be pissed if my dad woke me up to tell me power is out... at 5:30 in the morning! lol
                        "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

When I was almost thirteen my dad and I had a father-son bonding experience. It was on a camp out with the Scouts. He told me that I was as smart now (as a 12 year old) as I would ever get until I turned about 24. He said I might learn some book knowledge, but to realize that it didn't translate in to being smart. Damned if he wasn't right...

You've got a few months to get your girl prepared for being and dealing with teenagedness. Thank God she's got some smarts Snarfin! :D
                          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
                            I'd be pissed if my dad woke me up to tell me power is out... at 5:30 in the morning! lol
                            My parents do that whenever we have a snow day or delayed opening for school. They come in at 6 sharp, wake me up to tell me that i don't have to wake up for another 2 hours. Thanks....
                            "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

I could say that my parents woke me up early on snow days... since it never snows where I live. Isn't logic fun? :p
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X