Hulu.Com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulu.Com

Seems that the networks are a little miffed about YouTube and decided to make their own video site. The nice thing here is a lot of the TV episodes and movies are complete and not just short clips and they are free to view at your leisure. Sure, you have to look at the advertisements, but that's no different then regular TV. Some of the content contributors are FOX, NBC, MGM, Sony Pictures Television, Warner Bros., and Lionsgate as well as others. Some of the shows are old like The A -Team and oddly enough, Fantasy Island and a lot are newer like The Simpsons, Family Guy, House, SNL, and a lot more. Looks interesting, check it out:

www.hulu.com

Re: Hulu.Com

Cool site! Thanks for finding this.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Eh, I have to give credit to my insomnia and watching CNN Headline News who covered the story, lol. Ahhh, Robin Meade...

Comment

except for guys who live in Japan :(

Comment

Been using this site in the beta for a few months. The is the first time the TV networks have ever gotten something right on the Internet. There is a ton of content on this site, its easy to use, and the commericals aren't a huge pain. It's a winner.

Comment

Not sure if it works in England, I only tried one video but it said 'Not available in your country or region'.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Elwenil you beat me to the post.
              I have been beta testing Hulu for a while like Satertek, and am really happy with it.
              I watched Season 1 and 2 of The Loop yesterday back to back. There was only a like 15 sec. commercial at the beginning of each show, and the quality was good.
              I do wish some of the shows had more full length shows and less clips, like Law and Order, but the site is new, so hopefully that will change.

And no, this is only aviable in the USA right now. I know a lot of people on the forums I cruise are not happy about that. Bunch of people from Europe and Australia want it too so they don't have to torrent all their shows.
              Check out this review
              http://cybernetnews.com/2008/03/12/i...-has-launched/

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

By the way, just started looking at some of their movie options, and they have some good ones. A lot are just clips, but also a lot of full length.
                Check out the sniper scene from smokin' aces..........
                http://www.hulu.com/watch/12335/smok...s-sniper-shots

Of course, I doubt that fed. agents would really start randomly firing out a window, but still a good movie.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Problem with overseas is they have distribution deals with different companies all over the world. They'd need to get them onboard too to open it up.

Comment

It has FireFly so that is a plus
                    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Yeah, I had never seen Firefly but always heard about it, so I watched the whole season back to back over like 3 days. Then I rented the movie from netflix. Pretty good show.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Great site for old shows.. thanks for this

Comment

Now I just need to filter for "old fart" shows so I can send my mom there. She hates drama and prefers mindless comedy, but without the need to understand current events. She'd make no sense of Family Dog, for example. More of a "Three's Company" fan. (Which I detest.)
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Yo Rincewind! They had your Natalie Portman SNL rap avatar on the front page, so this site's gotta be good!
                            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Another wonderful thing about it is that I can watch my team (OU Sooners) get embarassed, twice!
                              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X