Slow Mo of Shot Gun Tank Shells--Amazing Camera Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Mo of Shot Gun Tank Shells--Amazing Camera Work

Just watched this vid on Videoshift and was really amazed at the camera shot and that they were able to get a shot like that.

Watch the part at about 23 sec. where there is like a blast wave radiating from the shot, and the air around it is all wavy and distorted.

Slow Mo of Shot Gun Tank Shells--Amazing Camera Work

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Slow Mo of Shot Gun Tank Shells--Amazing Camera Work

Wow that is some awesomeness!
    | | |

Comment

omg.. that is incredible... Amazing how the projectile starts to outrun the camera, but then the camera catches up with it... damn thats awesome.
      Dizlor

Comment

That would seriously **** a guy or fifty up.

Comment

OMG...I had my speakers cranked at the beginning trying to find the sound and then forgot to turn them down. Nice payoff.
          New to TG?

Comment

Haha damn! At 1:22... Didnt think it would spread out that far.. Simply amazing.
            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

did you see the sound barrier field of blurred air, almost like a heat wave! simply amazing, and ya.. i did the same thing trying to hear sound then KABOOM
              powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I once attended a lecture given by strobe photography pioneer Doc Edgerton at MIT, where he showed photos of shock waves from bullets. He had photos from his work at Bikini Island during the early H-bomb tests, showing shock waves crossing the water. Some showed the mushroom cloud at various stages of formation, and he pointed out discolorations on the surface of the cloud that were the concrete house that initially contained the bomb.

He opined that he wished he could put a big piece of film on a barge under a bridge at night, some strobes hanging from the bridge, and a fighter jet breaking the sound barrier as it passed underneath. What a photo that would make!
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

wow....! just freakin' wow..!!

Comment

Impressive. I had no idea that tank shells were fundamentally masses of tungsten balls. Cool stuff.
                    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

I think that shell might have been tracked with an embedded chip in the shell, notice how it tries to catch up and centers once it does? I never got the big bang at the end will try it now.

Comment

Razcsak, they arn't.
                        This was a special shell in development. Just read the text under the video.

I also like how in the 1st scene, it looks like the camera gets killed by one of the pieces of shot.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Man that is some destruction.

I think you just found the solution to your squirel problem birdie :row__577:

Comment

did you know...

In the newer beta version of Steel Beasts Pro PE that round is modeled for gameplay, very destructive against infantry and soft targets. ;)
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

We had an armored squadron of Abrams attached to our mechanized infantry company during an operation in Iraq. They picked up infrared signatures lying down in a field adjacent to the road that they thought were insurgents (the operation was intended to "retake" a peninsula that had become a stronghold for insurgent activities in our AO). The figures moved, so they blasted the field with canister shot.

Tally? A few mulched-up cattle. Poor cows. :\ Devastating anti-personnel weapon, though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X