Your First Look At Snake Eyes in 'G.I. Joe!'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your First Look At Snake Eyes in 'G.I. Joe!'

God I hope they don't screw up G.I. Joe.
    As some of you know, they are about to make a movie based on G.I.Joe, which some of you may be too young to have actually thought were cool, but my bet is most of us had our own collection at one time.

Just out are some pic of one of my fav. Joes, Snake Eyes. I always wanted his figure, but the toy store was always sold out.

Anyway, check the link for more:
    Your First Look At Snake Eyes in 'G.I. Joe!'

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Your First Look At Snake Eyes in 'G.I. Joe!'

Are you kidding? I still have the 7 foot aircraft carrier in my basement somewhere, lol. I loved GI Joe up until it got too scifi and futuristic. I guess that is why I can't play a lot of the futuristic style milsim games out there, lol. I am eagerly awaiting this movie and I too hope they stay true to the original form. My first GI Joe comic was number 12 and my first GI Joe figure was one of the old "doll" ones from the '60s. I still have all of the original 16 figures and who knows how many more. Sadly I cannot find my archive of filecards anywhere. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
      Are you kidding? I still have the 7 foot aircraft carrier in my basement somewhere, lol. I loved GI Joe up until it got too scifi and futuristic. I guess that is why I can't play a lot of the futuristic style milsim games out there, lol. I am eagerly awaiting this movie and I too hope they stay true to the original form. My first GI Joe comic was number 12 and my first GI Joe figure was one of the old "doll" ones from the '60s. I still have all of the original 16 figures and who knows how many more. Sadly I cannot find my archive of filecards anywhere. :(
      My god you're old.

:D

Comment

Being a Brit, and being significantly younger than most of you guys, I only know that GI Joe is some sort of action figure, similar to Action Man, I guess. I might go to see the film though!
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

One of the only comics I have saved was the GI Joe 1st edition....
          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Wow that's looking really good. Dont' know about a movie for this show but we'll see. I won't doubt cartoon to movie now that they set the bar with transformers.

Same guy as darth maul and Toad, he's pretty ripped.

- -

Comment

Well I guess Holywood is out of new ideas...again. Im looking forward to the movie and I hope it not another "StreetFighter"

Sarcoma
              Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                God I hope they don't screw up G.I. Joe.

They did that about 27 years ago.
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Anyone else remember the Nissan commercial where Joe steals Barbie from Ken? :D

I had a few of the 12" Joes in my youth, and I had the yellow chopper for finding some lost gems in a Buddha statue.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

G.I. Joe that is going to be cool. I was also looking and seen a lot of other interesting movies that are due for release. Like another Mummy movie and Hellboy 2. Just so many that are due for release that the trailers look awesome. Especially the one with Jet Li and jackie Chan, The Forbidden Kingdom. The new Incredible Hulk also looks sweet.

Comment

OK, that looks really damn cool I have to admit. I actually do have pretty high hopes for this movie as there is a ton of potential.

I only ask they that get Destro right.

Comment

Hmmm, the IMDB page looks a little odd. Most of the characters that are listed are pretty standard but for some reason Cobra is a arms dealer and not a terrorist organization and Cobra Commander is Scottish?!? There is no mention of Destro, who was the arms dealer originally in the GI Joe world. I really hope that the synopsis is just inaccurate.

Comment

Hmmm, the IMDB page looks a little odd. Most of the characters that are listed are pretty standard but for some reason Cobra is a arms dealer and not a terrorist organization and Cobra Commander is Scottish?!? There is no mention of Destro, who was the arms dealer originally in the GI Joe world. I really hope that the synopsis is just inaccurate.
                          They changed a lot to avoid offending anyone. GI Joe isn't a US force, it's "Global" and Cobra was changed to an Arms dealer for the same reason. Essentially they didn't want to release US versus Terrorist movie. They assume it wouldn't do as well over seas if it was just a US war on terror movie.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Screw overseas. It isn't "G.I. Joe The Real American Hero" for nothing.

Comment

Screw overseas. It isn't "G.I. Joe The Real American Hero" for nothing.

That's exactly what they dropped. They changed G.I. Joe to G.I.J.O.E. or something of the sort. The article I read might have originally been on http://www.boxofficemojo.com instead of IMDB. I was appalled at reading they dropped the "Real American Hero" bit, unless they changed back which I doubt.

Edit: found a link http://movies.ign.com/articles/771/771046p1.html

"Paramount has confirmed that in the movie, the name G.I. Joe will become an acronym for "Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity" — an international, coed task force charged with defeating bad guys. It will no longer stand for government issued, as in issued by the American government."
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...