Counter-Strike: Source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike: Source

Anyone playing it? It's been released now for people who pre-order HL2 over Steam, if you hadn't heard. I've played a bit and I'm liking it so far. I don't play CS very often anymore and it shows, but it seems very polished and the engine is definitely impressive. It puts a bit of a hurting on my FPS at medium settings, but Source blows the Doom 3 engine out of the water performance-wise.

Re: Counter-Strike: Source

What's so different about it?

Comment

What's so different about it?
      The children can't afford machines that will play it and/or don't have credit cards to purchase it yet? That, and it's prettier.

After having played CS from it's EARLY beta days to it's retail release I will not be playing it on the H2 engine. The "community" that sprung up around it was (for the most part) sad and I have better things to do with my time than spend it playing games with idiots. Sadly, those idiots ruined what was a very fun game for me. When they day came that I couldn't find a server that went for more than 15 seconds without a "I p0wn joo" or "OMG I roxxors" (or however the retards spelled(?) it) I uninstalled and never looked back.

For those playing it now I sincerely hope it takes a while for the mentally deficient to upgrade their machines and start playing it. Enjoy it while you can, they WILL ultimately ruin it ... again.

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman
        The children can't afford machines that will play it and/or don't have credit cards to purchase it yet? That, and it's prettier.

After having played CS from it's EARLY beta days to it's retail release I will not be playing it on the H2 engine. The "community" that sprung up around it was (for the most part) sad and I have better things to do with my time than spend it playing games with idiots. Sadly, those idiots ruined what was a very fun game for me. When they day came that I couldn't find a server that went for more than 15 seconds without a "I p0wn joo" or "OMG I roxxors" (or however the retards spelled(?) it) I uninstalled and never looked back.

For those playing it now I sincerely hope it takes a while for the mentally deficient to upgrade their machines and start playing it. Enjoy it while you can, they WILL ultimately ruin it ... again.
        Without those idiots, Apophis may have never been driven to create this community.

BTW, I roxxors.. :icon12:
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Exactly my sentiments Cing, there are still a few servers out there, most notably some place they call TG :icon_razz

Comment

I'm just waiting for when Apo can host a CS:S server so I can be in TG heaven again :)

Comment

i like cs:s but i will probably wait for hl2 to come out on CDs... maybe...

Comment

CS:S is pretty fun so far. Lots of little things that really add to the overall gameplay. But pubs can be so boring...not quite as fun when you're not playing with people you know. Definately look forward to TG hosting a server for it. ;)

Comment

I know. I can't stress enough how badly I want everyone to start playing CS:S here.

Comment

ooooohhh interactive environment, gaahh. its awesome.
                    pushed chairs/barrels in front of doors, shoot up the dells.. (cs_office.. shoot them, its fun)
                    be fun to play with you guys.

Comment

Ok, I broke down this weekend (wife out of town) and bought it.

WOW!!

The kids (for the most part) have yet to make it to CS:S - I'm crediting the credit card only purchase. Once the CD is in stores that will change and I'm sure the "leet speak" morons will be back in full force.

The environment is simply amazing. It plays UNBELIEVABLY! I'm getting 80 - 100 FPS with everything on high! WOW!! Gameplay is the same, but a few maps have some nice features like doors being open or closed randomly on different rounds. Keeps things interesting. I can't sit for more than an hour playing, but it's a fun hour. I'd have to say that after playing D3, the HL2 engine is LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of it. Simply amazing.

If you've got a credit card and $50 to spare I'd say this is well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman
                        Ok, I broke down this weekend (wife out of town) and bought it.

WOW!!

The kids (for the most part) have yet to make it to CS:S - I'm crediting the credit card only purchase. Once the CD is in stores that will change and I'm sure the "leet speak" morons will be back in full force.

The environment is simply amazing. It plays UNBELIEVABLY! I'm getting 80 - 100 FPS with everything on high! WOW!! Gameplay is the same, but a few maps have some nice features like doors being open or closed randomly on different rounds. Keeps things interesting. I can't sit for more than an hour playing, but it's a fun hour. I'd have to say that after playing D3, the HL2 engine is LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of it. Simply amazing.

If you've got a credit card and $50 to spare I'd say this is well worth the money.
                        ill get HL2 for the sake of mods, and CS:S ofcourse, that depends if it comes out before end of november :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X