The scariest day of my life!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The scariest day of my life!!!

Well I was at the library doing some research with my friends and just hanging out and suddenly a announcement came over on the loud speaker and said that everybody nees to evacuate the building as soon as possible. When we get outside and after 10 min. the security guard told us that a person was on the lose at a school no more than 3 miles away with a AK-47!!! and we are on lock My first thought was... matter a fact i didnt even have a thought i was so scraed my heart was beating fast and i was shaking. What was really stupid is that they took us out of the library and some people went home wrong move, that guy could be outside staring at us. So everybody started complaining so they told us to go back in and nobody can leave until they say so. I am just thinking what would happen if he were to come in the library, I would probably be here right now From this time i am still on lock down and ill get back to you with more details

Re: The scariest day of my life!!!

Probabaly a kid being stupid with an Airsoft rifle.

Comment

Hope everything turns out all right. Keep us posted.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Ok we are off lockdown. The police have caught the guy and now he is in jail. It was probably some lunatic who got divorced by his wife or something. Man that was scary!!!

Comment

Id really doubt hes gonna travel 3 miles with a AK with police chasin him just to go to a school and shoot up kids....
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Any news on this? These sort of things are usually all over the news, but I haven't found anything on it yet.

Comment

This might be it:
              http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...ry/473756.html

Comment

Stupid authorities there. Even gamers, especially TG gamers, know that a building gives you cover while milling about outside doesn't. Cover = less chance of getting shot.

If there was a gun threat they shouldn't've evacuated unless there was the possibility of the danger inside and the risk of hostages taken. Evacuating while an potential danger approached from outside just gives more targets to shoot at outside. If an evacuation was called for then doing so in small groups via vehicles to a safer location would probably be the least risky. Otherwise just lock/bar the doors and take cover until the danger passes.

At my highschool the procedure for gun threat would be to lock the classroom doors, pull a curtain across any windows outside, and take cover under desks against a wall out of LoS. Also the NJROTC would be armed and take position in the hallways of the classroom buildings covering the enterances, but I doubt everyone has an armed NJROTC and armory.

Of course the loop hole to that whole plan was the Fire code that required everyone to evacuate and stand in the open air football field in a nice large group if the alarm goes off. NJROTC secured the perimeter, but still a stupid loop hole if you ask me.
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                  Id really doubt hes gonna travel 3 miles with a AK with police chasin him just to go to a school and shoot up kids....
                  I find it hard to underestimate the intentions of anyone who is obviously distraught enough to carry an assault rifle ANYWHERE in public.
                  | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Jakaleel View Post
                    Yep that's it :)

Comment

What has this world come to weve gone from people carrying pistols to people walking around carelessly with a deadly assault rifle

Comment

Years ago when I first joined the NYARNG, our commanding general commanded we carry our personal assigned weapons everywhere we went while drilling. My unit was a tank company in what we called Whoville (Hoosick Falls, NY). The tankers carried .45 pistols and M-3 grease guns while the maintenance, supply, and commo (me) carried M-16’s sans bolts. It made going for coffee between the armory and training field strange.
                        Another time (pre-911) after being the in color guard at a parade in downtown Albany, NY our fearless leader treated us to a late lunch. Couldn’t just lock up our weapons (again M-16's sans bolts) in the trunk, but had to bring them into the McDonalds.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiggy View Post
                          What has this world come to weve gone from people carrying pistols to people walking around carelessly with a deadly assault rifle

Dude, get out there an exprience life. You seem to post about Rangers one day, and then hidng under you desk the next. Life is an interesting adventure, so treat it as such.

There is no such thing as a "Deadly Assault Rifle". My rifle hasn't assaulted anybody, must be broken or something.....

Your exprience didn't seem terribly frightening either, he was three miles away. Come on now....

Don't dwell on this event, it's far from being the scariest day you will have in your life, there is plenty more to come ;)
                          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Same thought, you really just gotta go along with life as it comes at you and youll either notice whats happening or you wont.. Youll truely know when your scared when your adrenaline kicks in and you know your in a certain situation where you could die right at the next second.
                            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                              Well I doubt a cab would stop.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X