Random Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Idea

I funny idea just hit me in order to promote TG we make a TG show car lol.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Random Idea

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
    I funny idea just hit me in order to promote TG we make a TG show car lol.
    What car would we use? I mean make and model...

Obviously, it would be cheaper to get an older car, but a newer car would certainly look nicer. Is anyone here involved in the automative painting industry, or that does it as a hobby?

I'd like to see something big like a Ford Fairlane or maybe an old Chrysler stationwagon used for this. Fix it up and give it a nice new TG paintjob. Doesn't have to be a particularly expensive paint job, either. How about a flat camouflage with glossy green letters and glossy dogtags? I think we could do it for under a grand. If we want the interior done, it would probably cost a bit more...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

With a badger tail hangin' out the gas door, BABY! :) :)
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I picture a jeep from bf1942 in flames with a tg logo on its side. Thats jsut me though ;).

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I am amazed you seem to be taking it seriously. But if it is taken seriously Yes i am a mobile installer and yes i am a custom fabricator so anything you can think of I could probably come up with. Also if we could get some corporate sponsors it would be nice too since they all love show cars and would gladly donate some equipment like new speakers and subs. Like that all we would have to do would be put up the money for supplies like wood paint glue sandpaper bondo fiberglass and fiberglass resin. Also we gotta get it in some car audio mags.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

a MINI!!!!!!!

YA baby :D

Comment

how about a.......

formula firebird? :P
              or corvette....
              *cool* :P

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
                a MINI!!!!!!!

YA baby :D
                Originally posted by Sniper
                how about a.......

formula firebird? :P
                or corvette....
                *cool* :P
                You guys donate the car, and I'll make sure it gets the TG paintjob...

Or we could buy a beater and fix it up with money donated to the cause...
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Oh, and I don't know why one of our PhotoShop wizards hasn't given us an example yet...

Here's the camo I'd like to see used: http://img24.exs.cx/img24/4874/MARPAT.jpg
                  Last edited by CingularDuality; 10-17-2004, 04:39 PM.
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                    Oh, and I don't know why one of our PhotoShop wizards hasn't given us an example yet...

Here's the camo I'd like to see used: http://img24.exs.cx/img24/4874/MARPAT.jpg
                    naw need something flashy, otherwise people will think its military :)

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
                      naw need something flashy, otherwise people will think its military :)
                      Well, I don't see how anyone would think an old stationwagon painted with MARPAT camouglage and a big glossy TacticalGamer.com logo could possibly be a military vehicle...
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        Well, I don't see how anyone would think an old stationwagon painted with MARPAT camouglage and a big glossy TacticalGamer.com logo could possibly be a military vehicle...
                        ahh, well you didnt say anything about the glossy part :)

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                          I am amazed you seem to be taking it seriously. But if it is taken seriously Yes i am a mobile installer and yes i am a custom fabricator so anything you can think of I could probably come up with. Also if we could get some corporate sponsors it would be nice too since they all love show cars and would gladly donate some equipment like new speakers and subs. Like that all we would have to do would be put up the money for supplies like wood paint glue sandpaper bondo fiberglass and fiberglass resin. Also we gotta get it in some car audio mags.
                          What about exterior paint? I'm thinking that's the most important thing, coming from the standpoint of TG. If someone's willing to donate a car, however, we could gather donations and pay to fix it up, a la "Pimp my Ride". How much would the paintjob cost if we started with an old car?

We would have to keep in mind that someone is going to get to actually keep/drive the car, so that person should be willing to donate more of the money or labor... I can't kick in any large amount of money, but I'd be willing to donate a little.

Who's willing to actually do the work on this and how much money would it actually take?
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Money I dunno I will come up with an estamite however I personally think we should go with an SUV or MAYBE a pick up truck also a recent one would be nice. We would be asking alot out of the battery/charging system of the car so hopefully with a truck/SUV we could avoid having to change the battery/alternator or both. That is really expensive. I could work on it also my teacher from school knows a place. He used it fwhile he was at Sony for there Ford Focus show cars. Its kinda of like a plastic outer layer you send the company the car and tell them what you want and they paint this plastic shell on the car that you peel off yourself if you ever wanna change the color scheme. I am willing to work on it do it for free and everything hell I will go where ever the car is granted it being in New Jersey would be nice. If any one is interested in getting involved IE a car or donations let me know so I can call my teacher and see where he that paint job for also we need to come up with what we would all like in the car. I am sure since we are a PC gaming group maybe a one or maybe even 2 or 3 computers in the car LANed together. Mobile internet is a problem. (I have no idea how you get mobile internet granted I have heard of Satalite internet.) I also assume we would like a nice car audio system and maybe a DVD video system. BTW how does this sound LCD screens literally in the seats and a small LCD screen in the passanger dash for the comps and maybe sun visor LCD TVs for the DVD system and head rest mounted LCD TVs for the DVD system. Audio system could be around 2,000. Most expensive thing would be the radio. I am thinking of a Pioneer AVIC N1 its an all in one unit DVD navigation AMFM/CD/MP3 it even gives viechle diagnostic and it has a built in motorized LCD TV. Also who gets to keep it is beyond me however I do agree on whoever donates the most.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Nevermind... You're talking about something that's way beyond our means...

Besides, spending $50,000 on a car isn't going to do TacticalGamer as much good as the actual cash would. Spending a couple of grand on a car might be worth the advertising, though...
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X