X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubisoft Joins The Steam Family

Wow, this is pretty crazy news.

Ubisoft Joins The Steam Family

"Valve and Ubisoft have buddied up to (eventually) bring over forty Ubisoft titles to the 15 million strong Steam masses. Well, not the entire 15 million, as the Ubi offerings are limited to those in the United States and Canada, despite the publisher's French origins. Sorry, the rest of the world!

The debut week deals aren't really anything to blog from the mountaintops about, but if you were dreading leaving the confines of your house to secure the PC version of Assassin's Creed you can now rest easy. Press release proof of the agreement is after this."

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Ubisoft Joins The Steam Family

Well that's just another nail in the coffin of Ubi. I still see Steam as a piece of spyware crap and a virus. Thanks for posting though.

Comment

lol

Spyware; a bit. Virus? No.

Comment

Us and Canada only eh? These people just aren't thinking are they.

POE2 Developer

Comment

You mean there is civilization outside the US?
          Skud

Comment

They are thinking in terms of lawyers, DP.

Comment

Personally I enjoy the convenience of Steam, I'm sure there is spyware involved but it's pretty damn convenient, much easier to manage your games than other digital distribution methods like D2D (which I personally dislike.)
              "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
              -- Red Forman

Comment

Steam is the best thing to happen in PC gaming in a long, long time. I hope Rainbow Six Vegas 2 comes out on Steam (although I highly doubt it since RSV2 comes out in a couple weeks).

Comment

Yes, Steam is great. I love the service, very user friendly. I bought Prey over the weekend for $4.95 great deal and fun game.
                  |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                  "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                  - Check me out on The Onion
                  - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                    Well that's just another nail in the coffin of Ubi. I still see Steam as a piece of spyware crap and a virus. Thanks for posting though.
                    I like Steam because, even having lost CDs during moves, having had CD-keys go missing, having had discs scratched or lost, I can still access and play all the games I've bought over Steam. I understand the concerns, but I feel that the advantages outweigh those concerns.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that anyone quit using Steam, just that I feel that it's spyware aspects are not something I want on my system. As for losing games, all the ones I bought off Direct2Drive are saved on my 4th HDD, so I can install them at any time. It's another option and it doesn't spy on me or transmit unknown data and hog my connection, lol. Just my .02

Comment

I did buy Splinter Cell Chaos Theory over D2D over 2 years ago. Apparently it is still available in my account to re-download if I wanted it, which is good. But it's annoying how they split the file into parts. Now EA's crap about having pay extra to re-download after 6 months (and totally being screwed after two years even if you pay extra) is just utter bull.
                        "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                        -- Red Forman

Comment

While I don't want Steam to be the only way to get games, I can't wait until every game is available via Steam. I'll never buy a game from anywhere else...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X