PS3or360

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3or360

Ok my birthday is coming up this july5 and iam getting the 9800 and i can get one console..360 or the PS3 and i cant decide over here the PS3 is 400 and 360 is 400 or if you buy PS3 you can get a wireless controller free or a condemmed 2 bloodshot free so can anyone tell me with PERSONAL experince

Re: PS3or360

The 360 has a lot more games than the PS3 but you have to look at what kinds of games you like for each console. You also have to weigh in whether Blu-ray is important. Both systems come with controller and I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be wireless.

The PS3 has free online and games that support VOIP. The 360 is more mature with online but it costs extra for some spiffy features. It's tough weighing in what's better without some more information on what you want to do with the console. If it's just games, I would probably say the 360. If you want to use your console as an entertainment center, then the PS3 is probably better.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I kind of have to agree with the above post. Even though I am a very happy 80Gig PS3 owner, the 360 does have quite a few more games at this point. The 360 is just a game system, and it does it well. The PS3 is a bit more versatile, and is more modular. If you don't like the size of your PS3's HDD, you can swap it out and simply buy a larger one for a laptop. It's not a special drive, and it takes only a few minutes to swap out. PS3 also has BluRay, which ended up beating out HD-DVD for the Hi-Def and looks amazing if you hook it up to a HDTV. Depending on which PS3 you buy, you can have access to most PSOne and PS2 games, as well as full Bluetooth compatibility, USB and SD card support. Also, while the Xbox has more game now, I think that will change in the near future. Both systems get the major titles like Rainbow Six, GTA4, etc. But PS3 will get GT5, the new SOCOM, as well as the MGS and Final Fantasy series.

If you just want a console to game on and don't mind paying a monthly fee for online play, the 360 is a solid choice. If you want a little more out of a console and don't want to pay for playing online after already buying the game and the system, check out the PS3.

Comment

I personally like my PS3 better then the 360. Games to play better to me, I do not personally have the 360 but go to a friends house that he has both. My friends own opinion as well is that he loves the PS3 a lot better than the 360 for the fact that a lot of the games play more smoothly. Yes it does take a long time to load a game for the PS3 but considering the details that go into the games compared to what I actually seen with the same game on a 360 I can understand the long load times and can deal with that sense I get better eye candy. Granted you really have to look to really see a difference between the 2 but there are differences.
        Also the other factor that weighed in on my decision to get the PS3 was the fact of the gaming was free, I feel like I buy a game for a console I should not have to pay to play. Right now the games are not as plentiful as the 360 but don't let that fool you, I am sure more will be available and there are still plenty out already. Most local stores do not carry them in stock where I live but I buy my games online anyway. I can get them cheaper and have a greater selection to chose from. Just think if the tables were turned though, if the 360 would have postponed for a year how many games would there be right now for the 360? About the same as the PS3.
        I also do not care for the controllers of the 360, they are bulky feeling in my hands, the PS3 are more comfortable but each person will probably be different. I also know my kids don't care for the controllers of the 360, their little hands have a hard time working the bulky thing and reaching all the buttons comfortably.

My suggestion is find somebody that owns both and play a few hours if possible. Do some comparison on specs and other stuff to get a performance idea, browse the games that are available now and what is being made.

One other thing, about the 9800, you read that the 9900's are real soon to be released?? what I read was that Nvidia is looking at a July release date. Maybe the prices won't be to bad and you can hold off till their release?

Comment

I believe MS has plans to allow for a Blu-Ray attachment for the 360. Smart move if it's true.

The original ports for the PS3 were weak when compared to the 360 (namely Fight Night Round 3 and Tony Hawk). The devs for the PS3 seem to have stepped up their work and are now utilizing the PS3 better.

XBox Live Gold is $50 a year but then again: the stability is pretty good. I've heard issue from PS3 owners on the quality of the connections. I look at it this way: for better or worse MS owns the network and are delivering quality as a part of that. I'm just having nightmares thinking back to the original Dreamcast online gaming which was (from what I remember) pure P2P.

I don't understand the whole: "360 is just a gaming console" angle. It's not exactly a PC, but it can play music, videos (although MS needs to work on their support), DVDs. The XBLive arcade isn't as cheap as I'd like it, but it has Worms (If you don't know what Worms is.... just... no).

Both systems have their exclusive games, although it's not nearly what it used to be. The lines are getting a lot more blurred lately. I don't consider any console right now to have any "must have" exclusive games except the Wii (Smash Bros, LoZ, Metroid), but that takes into account that I'm a huge Nintendo fanwhore.

Blockbuster (last I checked) allowed you to rent consoles. You might do well by renting either console and picking up a few titles for each. You can go back and forth here and get a multitude of differing opinions, or you can just try it out yourself and see what the hype is all about.

None of this really matters because "Rock Band" is the only game you'll ever need. Seriously: get Rock Band no matter which system you buy. Then spend even more money downloading songs (Fortunate Son FTW).

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
            None of this really matters because "Rock Band" is the only game you'll ever need. Seriously: get Rock Band no matter which system you buy. Then spend even more money downloading songs (Fortunate Son FTW).
            OMG... thats all we've been doing for a week.. band practice :P Seriously that game is THE most addictive game I've played in a long long time. Ive only played the game for little over a week... and Im on hard on the bass already, still medium for the most part on guitar... hard on guitar is a HUGE jump from medium. My pinkey is killing me!!

But as far as the two systems go.. I havent had a system since the Nintendo64(which I got when it came out).. and I just a few months ago bought a 360 over the PS3 cuz it was cheaper and had more games. But, if money is no object, it would seem to me to be a smarter choice to "buy up" as far as technology is concerned and pick up the PS3. I heard a story about a kid at MIT that has 16 PS3s linked together and is running some form of Linux on them... if my math is correct.... that is 128 GPUs running together LOL wow! "running at almost super-computer speeds" he says.
            Dizlor

Comment

That was why I made the comment about the 360 being a "gaming system". Sure, it will do the usual music and videos and such, but the PS3 has the ability to use it to do a lot more PC like functions. You can install a separate OS on the HDD and run it on the PS3 to execute a variety of applications. Add to that the web browsing, the up coming Sony Home and all the other stuff it can do and you have a very versatile system. Sure, most people are like me and simply use it for games and the occasional BluRay movie, but the ability to expand into new realms is there for future use. The 360 seems a lot more set in it's ways, so to speak. It's just a different design and only time will tell if Sony went too far and invested too much in a versatile console versus Microsoft's more dedicated Xbox360.

On the whole Rock Band/Guitar Hero thing, I simply don't get it. I have watched people play these games and I see them enjoying them, but it's spike no interest in me at all. I am quite sure that is because I am a musician and play real guitar and drums, and I have talked to a few other musicians who agree that it just messes with them to think of "playing music" this way. Of course I do have a few musician friends who love to play the series, and say they have no issues with it. I just think that playing guitar on a few little buttons and trying to time them to the music would just freak me out compared to playing real music.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                On the whole Rock Band/Guitar Hero thing, I simply don't get it. I have watched people play these games and I see them enjoying them, but it's spike no interest in me at all.
                I said the same thing about Guitar Hero I. That ended the first time I picked up the guitar.

Granted, I was always a huge fan of "PaRappa tha Rappa."

Comment

On the whole Rock Band/Guitar Hero thing, I simply don't get it. I have watched people play these games and I see them enjoying them, but it's spike no interest in me at all. I am quite sure that is because I am a musician and play real guitar and drums, and I have talked to a few other musicians who agree that it just messes with them to think of "playing music" this way. Of course I do have a few musician friends who love to play the series, and say they have no issues with it. I just think that playing guitar on a few little buttons and trying to time them to the music would just freak me out compared to playing real music.
                  lol its called a game man... still I have the same friends, one who used to be in a somewhat big punk band, said "why not just learn the damn instrument and start a real band"... lousy dissenter. But then again I have another friend who is incredible on just about any instrument, we got him on it yesterday and he was enjoying the guitar, but the most amazing thing, he started playing drums and didnt fail out one time, on medium... now thats impressive.

But seriously, all you dissenting musicians need to just realize its a game, noone is trying to take anything away from what you have accomplished LOL. We are just trying to simulate it and enjoy the feeling for ourselves. And its pretty gd fun too ;)
                  Dizlor

Comment

I don't see it as something that would take something away from me, lol. It just seems like a weird and unnatural thing to do to me. I get the feeling that it might make me look at playing music differently and maybe mess up my ability to write music, or something like that. It's hard to put into words really.

Comment

Yea im also thinkin of gettin a PS3, Dont like the pay to play concept of the 360 and my 360 has already broken on me twice already.. What do you mean when you say the PS3 has bad connections with the internet?

and what im thinking of doing since my parents do have a HDTV is to keep the 360 maybe pay half a year for online (never bought any xboxlive before) just to have some fun then sell the 360, all the games and such then buy the PS3.. Any comments or suggestions?

Ah and do the PS3s have the rumblestick in them or w\e? Heard that they didnt when they came out but now you can buy controllers with vibration that also have the 6th axis or w\e seperately...?
                      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I haven't checked on them lately, but I believe the new versions of the PS3 were supposed to ship with the vibration controllers. I'm sort of happy with my 80g PS3 without vibes. My experience with the PS2 controllers is that dropping (or throwing) them results in the vibe motors getting knocked around and they start rubbing the inside of the controller housing or just stop working. Naturally this would not be an issue if I had a 360 since the ungodly huge and funky controller would be more likely to punch a hole through the floor, lol...

Comment

The PS3's with the Dual Shock 3 (rumble controllers) pack-in is probably going to be available in the summer. Sony said they'd start shipping them as soon as the current stock of regular Sixaxis controllers is depleted.

Although, I'm not really a huge fan of rumble support. I'm not going to be disappointed without it since PC gaming isn't really into rumble and that's what I'm used to.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

On the whole Rock Band/Guitar Hero thing, I simply don't get it. I have watched people play these games and I see them enjoying them, but it's spike no interest in me at all.

Finally something we agree on!

I always felt that if I was to put time into something it might as well be in learning the real thing.

And the game itself is just memory/twitch game. I have never really liked that type. I guess some can suspend belief just enough to pretend they are a rock star. But I have never wanted to be a rock star. Always thought it was a waste of time and the music is usually blahhh.
                            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Ah yea, i dont know ive always preferred the PC games over Consle just cuz you can change em around, download mods and etc.. but Consle games without the rumbling in them is just kinda boring to me, cant play horrors like that or anything.

As for "Guitar Queero" (SP); Most of my friends play the game, love the game but same goes for me I just see it as a really expensive bring-to-your-own-home version of DDR from the arcades... and I dont think most/many people even pretend like theyre rock stars or w\e when playing, just looks like it has its own addictiveness to it like CSS whenever your bored.
                              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X