IHS Recruitment Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHS Recruitment Question

Well Ive been here for a few months and I finally decided to get my supporting membership. Before I decided to get a new membership back then I was told to join TG Irr because that is the only IHS that doesnt require a SM. But I found out that they were not recruting. After a few months of waiting for a response I never got a invite to Irr. Now since I'm getting my SM anytime soon I have been researching IHS's to see if I find any luck but it didnt happen. Is it just me or can somebody tell me the real reason why IHS don't recruit?

Re: IHS Recruitment Question

There are quite a few if us waiting, I am taking the be patient and see attitude. I will either find an IHS or not but in the interim I will still enjoy the servers and hanging out with good people...JJ

Comment

Me too but.........

Comment

All in good time guys. :)

Have a sift through the wiki and see what all the IHS's play, spend time on TS, squad up. Stuff like that can accelerate you into an IHS if your playstyle and attitude fits their requirement.

They will still be there. :)

POE2 Developer

Comment

Also don't forget that supproting members can create an IHS! It does require a bit of work but it can be done ;)

Comment

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't think you contribute enough to the community (start new threads in the forums, etc.) to be considered for the IHSs but that's just me. I don't either but I don't have much time to play BF2 anymore either so it works out.
            sigpic

Comment

Twig,

What's the rush of getting in with an IHS? TG is a great community and being in an IHS is not something that you have to do.

If you are dead set on getting into an IHS, what have you done research wise? The wiki's are a great place to start, that will give you an idea of what the focus of each IHS is, whether it is goofing off or ladder leagues, and what games they participate in. Once you think you have some IHS's that fit you, you need to be on TS and play with these guys, once or twice isn't going to cut it (well extreme cases maybe), but they are going to want to know if you are going to make a good fit or not.

EDIT (boss came in and made me work :( )

I can't specifically speak for all of the other IHS's, but I know if the 8th aren't in the general game TS channel, anyone is welcome in our channel and ask for an invite to a squad. I was a member of TG for a long time before I joined an IHS, but I just happened to join up with a squad as it formed. I played with the guy that was forming the IHS a lot before he decided to start his own. Just play and be active and ask the IHS's if they are recruiting. It will happen once you find the right spot. :)
              Last edited by Catman1975; 04-06-2008, 09:16 PM.
              Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

I can tell you as a concrete reason that the 6th isnt currently recruiting because we have a full roster. And no, theres no chance of expanding it. I know the irregs are coping with the same thing right now. As to the other IHS, I cant speak as to why they arent recruiting. Perhaps they are and you just dont know it.

Comment

There are so many players out there, that the chances of an IHS asking you to join them are low. Find one that suits you, and ask them. If they say no, find another or think about starting one yourself, or with a group of your friends.
                  FOUR In House Squad SECRETS the ADMINS don't want you to KNOW!

Comment

Twiggy,
                    Be patient, things like being in a IHS will happen if that is what you strive for. As for really worrying about it, don't. You have already found the community here and that in itself is good for now. The IHS is stepping stone later when you really find your groove here at TG, remember you have only been a member of TG for a couple short months. Hell look, some if us have been around for years and are still not in a squad!!:row__523:
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

One thing, you don't join an IHS because you want to feel elite or special or anything. You join a squad because you and the other members team up often and work well together in game. An IHS is simply a way of formalizing the team and makes it easier for the team to train together and practice different tactics to use in game. We all know how hard it is to jump in a game with a bunch of unknown and unfamiliar players and try to get everyone on the same page and act as a cohesive unit. Being in an IHS means that you can squad up with your teammates and it's all second nature and you get rid of all the frustration of dealing with pubbies who don't want to work as a team and of dealing with really bad ideas that simply don't work out well. The really dumb thing is when you join an IHS and then try to team up for the exact reason for being in an IHS, you get all these complaints and grumbling about stacked teams and IHS' being elitist and not noob friendly. Being in an IHS is not very easy in this environment and it takes a lot of work to get organized and stay organized. If you play with guys in game and petition the ones you play well with and they turn you down, consider finding new teammates and forming your own squad. Be well aware that it is a lot more work than what it appears on the surface.

Comment

Hey guys, I know you probably feel like we are ignoring you, but for a certain unnamed reason, the officers have decided to hold off on letting new players in.

Hey, remember guys the Irregulars did tell you that you are on the waiting list.

Please do not feel like you cannot join or even play with other TG members who are in In-House-Squads. We welcome those who play by the rules and play hard with your friends.

Remember, you are welcome to join an IHS if and when the chance arises. Until then, you can fight along side us as a TG member.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

The 10th is not recruiting because we are simply full. There isn't a magic number as far as a cap goes but rather that we feel comfortable where we're at right now.

We recruit players we know and like, regardless of skill level. If you've every played with us, or me specifically, you will find the lack of skill painfully apparent. Hint: Don't ride in a truck with me.

The 10th is more like the same group of guys who meet down at the corner tavern after work every night, have some refreshments, share some laughs, and just enjoy one another's company.

Anyway, just hang in there guys. Get to know people in the community, become immersed in it - embrace it. Good things will happen, just be patient.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X