Bmw M3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmw M3

Ok, so I can't afford one, but I can drool constantly over them. And I know a bunch of other TG folks love BMWs as well.
    There is a new commerical for the all new 2008 M3 that is almost as cool as the car.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/07/v...he-bmw-m3s-v8/

Tons of pictures in the photo album as well.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Bmw M3

Drool...

Comment

BMWs always make me a little sad. I'd definatly love to lease one of these monsters...but they just cost too much for upkeep. BMW builds there cars with extremely tight tolerences, they wear very poorly and are VERY expensive to maintain. Although....they make great weekend cars.
      Shhhh I'm being made

Comment

Originally posted by Guardianx11x View Post
        BMWs always make me a little sad. I'd definatly love to lease one of these monsters...but they just cost too much for upkeep. BMW builds there cars with extremely tight tolerences, they wear very poorly and are VERY expensive to maintain. Although....they make great weekend cars.
        Bwahahahaha!

Best post of the day, thanks for the laugh!

None of what you said is true, sorry bud. Until you own one, reserve such false statements from this discussion ;)
        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Huh?

Most manufacturers give you a warranty on a new vehicle. BMW gives you a warranty along with 4 years of maintenance INCLUDED. That includes brake pads, rotors, wiper blades, scheduled inspections, oil changes, etc. The only thing you pay for is GAS.

They actually wear very well, which is a big part of the reason they keep their resale value. You DO need to make sure you get the oil changed regularly though. That's a must.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

You Damm Right They Do :)

Comment

I LOVE the way BMWs drive. I'm happy they finally brought the 1 series to the states, and this new M3 looks fantastic! There is something very unique about BMWs. I rented a 5 series diesel wagon in Germany and drove the Autobahn. GREAT car. Also driven a couple of 01 M5's when they were brand new. Sad thing is, something like 70% of new BMW sales are leases...meaning the drivers pretty much can't afford it. It's also a damn shame that so many people buy them as status symbols, and could care less about the fantastic engineering that goes into them (i.e. women). And yes they hold up very well (although parts are indeed truly expensive). One of the finest BMW's I ever drove was like a 1994 745i. Maple wood stick shift and a flawless interior. That car felt like it was brand new with nary a squeek or rattle. That's what's nice about all those tight clearances. But yes...a pain to work on. It's good to know a good mechanic who specializes in German cars. Same goes for any german car, though. They're all a bit of a pain to work on and have expensive parts. Ya just can't beat German engineering, though, when it comes to making a car actually worth DRIVING (and not simply steering). There's a reason they say it's the "Ultimate Driving Experience."

They're "toit like a toiger!" -Goldmember
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I would love to get a 330i, heck I would settle for a 325i. Not new of course. The one thing that scares me is the cost of parts for them. I know they are well made but eventually you have to start replacing things and that scares me. Plus the cost to modify them is extreamly high (though stock they are better then allot of cars for dynamics). When Im wealthy it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                  I would love to get a 330i, heck I would settle for a 325i. Not new of course. The one thing that scares me is the cost of parts for them. I know they are well made but eventually you have to start replacing things and that scares me. Plus the cost to modify them is extreamly high (though stock they are better then allot of cars for dynamics). When Im wealthy it will happen.
                  They are a lot of fun to tinker with. I had a friend who bought a very used 1996 325 for next to nothing, because the motor was going out. He bought a used M3 engine for around 1 or 2 grand, and threw that in. Put in a bunch of high performance parts and turned that 325 into a real beast. It was pretty darn quick, and it was a sleeper too since he purposely left the old 325 badge on and did nothing to the exterior. Total cost for the car including new parts was somewhere around 8000. So they CAN be had for cheap, but you should be either mechanically inclined and DIY, or know a good and trustworthy german mechanic.
                  "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Just an update.
                    There is now a making of show about the commercial above.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nV6Ps3FmPc[/media]

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X