Hey!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey!

I've been a gamer all of my life, primarily on consoles but now that I have the money to build a gaming PC . . . I am. I built a $1500 dollar machine and will be ordering all the parts this week. I don't know many hardcore PC gamers so I'm trying to get out there and find some. I post on a lot of forums (mainly the penny-arcade forums) but none are PC-focused.

I'm interested in competitive (and tactical, of course) gaming, modding and game development (although I'm bad at all of them, at the moment ). I play a lot of first person shooters and RPGs. I love RTS but have been limited to only Starcraft and Age of Empires (I cannot wait for SCII). I've been wanting to get into serious MMO playing for years and I will with EVE online when my computer is done (not much interested in WoW). My steamID is Regicide and my xfire user name is swiftregicide . . . I can't wait to play!

I'll be buying ArmA and the Source Premier pack as soon as my computer is built so expect me in ArmA, TF2 and CS: S (I don't know much about this Project Reality mod at the moment but I will be investigating!) servers when I start popping up.

PC Specs:

KDS K-24MDWB Black 24" 2ms(GtoG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor
    Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS4 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard
    EVGA 512-P3-N841-AR GeForce 8800GTS
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale
    mushkin 2GB
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400
    mushkin 2x1GB
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
    KDS 24' Widescreen LCD Monitor

Re: Hey!

Welcome! :)

POE2 Developer

Comment

Welcome to TG!
      I also suggest you check out our hardware forums if you need help with your new computer. It is very active. You new computer looks good man, but I suggest with a great rig like that you should really go with 4 gigs of RAM so it won't bottleneck you.

And good to hear you are interested in ARMA and PR. If you have any questions, just ask. I will say that ARMA is like nothing else on the console, so just don't freak out and not really give the game a chance to win you over.

Also, jump on to our Teamspeak server, because that really helps set the games apart.

As for xfire, join the TG group so you will be able to see what everyone else is playing.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Thank you, thank you!

I decided to only go with 2GB of RAM for two reasons. I'll be using Windows XP and without modifying the registry, it'll only recognize that much. I also wanted to get a better video card, so the money I saved allowed me to get a beast! I got all the parts for my computer on Friday and after six hours of work (first time building a computer, there was a lot of reading and triple confirming involved in the process) I built it. It has been running beautifully.

It sucks though . . . I have no money to buy any games. :P
        Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400
        mushkin 2x1GB
        NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
        KDS 24' Widescreen LCD Monitor

Comment

Awesome, at least when you do get some games you can run them maxed out.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X