Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Cure For Cancer

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4006951.shtml

This looks really amazing. It could take up to four years to get into human trials. Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
    As I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil.
    For the valleys are gone and only Death awaits.
    And I am the Evil.

Re: Possible Cure For Cancer

That is the same exact man and machine that can burn salt water. A lot of people were making statements what good is burning saltwater? i am sure you all remember and in fact it may still be in the forums somewhere, http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...-must-see.html is one but thought there was more. Anyway, I still think it may be a really cool invention not just for the possibility of curing or treating cancer but also for the purpose of burning salt water.
    People claimed that it would not produce enough energy to support the machine used to make the water burn, I believe it could. I mean after we went through the "Iron Horse" years and seen what steam can do with fossil fuels why couldn't salt water that burns at a higher temperature, 1,500*F. that is some impressive heat and if pressurized right will produce some tremendous energy in return. think of electrical power plants burning salt water instead of coal. That was the first thing that went through my head but also factories that normally used fossil fuels burning salt water. the emissions would be clean, only draw back would be the long term effect would have to have effects on the climate. Enough water vapor gets into the atmosphere then it will come down as rain somewhere, possibly causing flooding or other severe global problems. At least it may also clean the air that we polluted through the years of burning fossil fuels?!?! It may be acid rain to begin with but eventually it would become clean.

As far as a cure for cancer, I am not so sure about that. It sounds good but I guess we are going to have to just sit back and see. I would be afraid that if this machine can burn salt water I would burst into flames as well. Surely the metals need to heat up more than salt water to apparently be destroyed?? I know nanoparticles might take less but when together as if in one big tumor....poof. maybe a huge tumor would require more than one shot of nano and sound waves to get it all out?

Comment

My name is Robert Neville. I am a survivor living in New York City. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at the South Street Seaport everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
        My name is Robert Neville. I am a survivor living in New York City. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at the South Street Seaport everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone.
        Hahaha exactly what I was just thinking of.
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of too. I just watched that movie for the 2nd and 3rd times this weekend. Scary thought.
          As I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil.
          For the valleys are gone and only Death awaits.
          And I am the Evil.

Comment

This technology has actually been around since the 1930s.. its just been suppressed/sequestered by the dominating medical corporations because any technology of this sort removes any need for an outstanding supply of drugs and their side effects, which lead to more drugs and more funding for the corporations responsible for their manufacture and development. Its been called "royal rife" after Dr. Rife the person who first invented the concept of using resonant vibration to destroy the cellular structure of microorganisms and virii.

http://www.royalrife.com/
            http://www.rifetechnologies.com/

The wikipedia page however does contain some disinformation as to the results of this method of treatment, but I'll provide it so people can get a good view of this technology and its inventor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rife

Comment

It should take longer than 4 years also IMO, should test the DNA of the offspring and their offspring.. Just make sure that no Will Smith stuff can happen.
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Yh, was a pretty cool film, more horror than I thought it would be, and also not as action-packed. Thought it was more of an action than a horror film before I saw it, but not that scary either.

MINOR SPOILERS IN THIS PARAGRAPH:
                It was actually more interesting than anything, seeing his life and his psychological breakdown, although it did have its moments. The part where his dog ran away was pretty nail-biting stuff, and and it was gut-wrenching when he had to deal with him after what happened.

On the thread topic itself, does look interesting, but I'm no scientist so I can't really give an opinion, just fingers crossed it works and doesn't kill us all.
                Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Looks promising. Like the article mentions at the end, the problem will be treating non-localized tumors.

I was involved in research on kidney cancer recently, and one of the potential issues of using this treatment may be ensuring that the nanoparticles are not excreted at a high rate and that they don't interfere with excretory/adsorption processes in the nephrons and tubules.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
                    Looks promising. Like the article mentions at the end, the problem will be treating non-localized tumors.

I was involved in research on kidney cancer recently, and one of the potential issues of using this treatment may be ensuring that the nanoparticles are not excreted at a high rate and that they don't interfere with excretory/adsorption processes in the nephrons and tubules.
                    I am sure most people here are thinking the same as me....HUH???

Comment

Translation: Wizzing make cure epic fail.
                      In game handle: Steel Scion
                      sigpic

Comment

On movie: Yea, I heard that the book is completely different that the guy is just insane cuz everybody around him has evolved but he hasnt..

Comment

Fenian, lay off the pipe before you post man. No offense man, but your post made absolutely zero sense for most people's concern and if I hadnt spent 4 years at the largest pot-smoking college in the country, I wouldnt have understood it either.

As for the previous comments by tau, this is why it's not even close to human trials yet. I agree with the point though. There are a myriad of ways that these kinds of things could "clog the plumbing", and no, it's not just about making pee-pee (for you laymen out there). Theres lots of other stuff in your system that can get clogged a lot quicker and cause a lot bigger problems than just your waste functions.

However, I doubt the targeting will present much of a problem for the medical community. We've had the ability to tag and target various things that can be injected (antibodies and such) in order to destroy certain types of cells/bacteria/viruses/etc. for almost two decades. Being able to target the nanoparticles shouldnt be much of a stretch from that.

Ideally, this would be a HUGE breakthrough. Even if we didnt have the ability to go after individual rogue cells and could only inject nanoparticles at a cancer site and eradicate specific masses. That alone, removing the need for chemotherapy and radiation treatments, would be remarkable. If you disagree, go visit an oncology ward and talk to someone who is going through a chemo regimen and see how much better they'd like it if they could just "zap" a mass with a shot and 5 minutes in a radio machine. Chances are, they wouldnt care if the cancer came back at that point. They could just get it zapped again. As a medical professional, I think it would be miraculous, but I wont get my hopes up because it could be 10 years off yet, if not more.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X