NooBIE to Banners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NooBIE to Banners

I was wondering if there is a site to get help in making a custom banner ? i have one right now that i like but i have a few ideas on making my own . i was wondering were i can read up on how to make custom game banner like the ones i see all you guys having here ? i just got a copy of photoshop from a friend so i was wondering if anyone has a great site or can walk threw the steps i would appreciate it

Re: NooBIE to Banners

if you have the $$$ to look into Total Training DVD's. the 2 DVD set for Photoshop CS3 is great, and goes from the very basic to slightly advanced uses of PS. Lydia is also out there, but I do not like them as much.

There are websites that have free tutorials, but the best advice is to just play with the software, and google any problems you run in to or techniques you want to use.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Ddog is right. Playing around with an editor like GIMP or Photoshop is the best way to make your own. The one you see below too me about 4 hours or just playing around and trying different settings and filters.
      A short cut that will be your best friend is the Ctrl-Z combo. It is the undo button in most editors, and I just try something, decide if it looks good, or hit Ctrl-Z to go back and try something different.
      Also, save your work a lot. I start our and name the base picture like original. Then I play around and get something I kind of like and save as test 1. Work on it some more and save Test 2. Etc........
      That way, if I decide later on I went down the wrong track, I can go back and have a mid point to start from, instead of scratch.
      Google is your friend. Search for photoshop tutorial, and might even want to throw in signature as well. There is lots of help out there. I actually have a ton bookmarked, but I am about to run out the door for work. Will have to post them later this evening.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

by banner I assume you mean signature picture?

I make mine with gimp. Usually I will take some good SS of the game I am playing and them mess with fonts a bit to get it right.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

sorry signature picture , yes that is what i would like to learn to make

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X