Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to... April 16 2008... GR's 1st mission...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to... April 16 2008... GR's 1st mission...

Did you know...

Welcome to... April 16 2008... GR's 1st mission...

http://www.redstorm.com/gr1/index.html
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Welcome to... April 16 2008... GR's 1st mission...

Haha, good times, I loved that game. I've been wanting to play it again for ages!

Comment

ok, now I have to install and play to celebrate the best multiplayer FPS ever.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Ahh, memories... That game is still pretty solid, even by today's standards. I still load it up at least once or twice a year to mess around with it.

Comment

My first FPS.

Bought it the day after I got my Xbox in 2003.
          Skud

Comment

Lol, I bought it in 2001, and the PS2 version in 2002.

Comment

Ah, we've had some good times with that one. I miss those days.
              Ofc, they're coming back with Ground Branch, dont you think? ;)
              Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

1st game I ever bought for the PC, and I think the 1st real FPS I bought, having only a playstation before that. Was hooked right away.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Man.. i have GIGS of mods downloaded for that thing... I loved it.
                  "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                  Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                  " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Can I just ask...what;s wrong with Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter...

Haven't played it much, but it's not as big as I thought it would be at TG, and the fact that you guys liked the original Ghost Recon games tells me that you do like the series...
                    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Well, for one...It continued the awful playstyle of GR2.
                      Skud

Comment

For me it's too unrealistic. GR was always set a few years in the future, but I don't think we will be seeing all the electronic doodads in GRAW and GRAW2 anytime soon. Plus, the single player campaign seemed very linear, like a 2D scroller in 3D. At least in GR you had the run of the map and could approach the objectives from many different ways. GRAW seems like you are walking down a road or street and you have maybe 2 or 3 choices of streets or buildings to go through to get to the other side. Another thing is just the feel. GR felt serious, like world politics hinged on what you were doing, the GRAW series feels stale and overly electronic. It feels dead to me. The story leaves a lot to be desired of, but I guess that's what happens when Tom Clancy doesn't have anything to do with the series anymore.

The multiplayer in GR was intense and most of the servers I knew of played no with respawns. People just took it much more seriously and the ladders and competitions were a very big deal to players and teams. It didn't matter if you couldn't respawn and play immediately after dying. It didn't matter that you couldn't just jump in the middle of a game. It was so worth playing that people were more than willing to wait to play and deal with being a spectator after dying. GRAW, while the game can be set up similar to the original GR, is more like BF2 as far as the gameplay. It's frequently a spamfest with guys dying, respawning, and running back in to die again. Every server I played on had this style of play in effect. Players rarely slowed down or worked together, they just charged in. Granted, when I played GRAW and GRAW2, I never played on the TG server, but the fact remains that the GRAW series players in general don't take the game seriously and have a very poor attitude.

I guess you could say that I'm put off by the futuristic feel of the GRAW series and the fact that the player base acts like 6 year olds playing Raven Shield.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                          Well, for one...It continued the awful playstyle of GR2.
                          I was ready to request you be beaten, drawn, quartered, beheaded, given over to Chuck Norris, and then the pieces banned... until I re-read and saw the "2".

Thank God prudence and patience won out.
                          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Lol.

Yh actually, I have the game on PS3, and it's a little o the easy side. You just scout out the opponents, spot them easily, then there's a big red circle around them and you shoot them. there's not much too it really, but I thought that online play, with everyone playing having similar abilities, on a place like TG...guess I was mistaken :p.
                            Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Anyone who's been in the real military knows that for all the fancy doodads you see DARPA produce, you'll never see one on the battlefield or in active duty anywhere until around 2045, when it's already 35 years obsolete by something else you'll never live to use.

I mean, they've been talking about Land Warrior for HOW long?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X