Internet Explorer is not working!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer is not working!?

Can someone help me? It keeps saying internet explorer has stopped working, even when i just try to start it up! Is there something wrong with my computer? Virus? Anything? Can someone help me because this is getting annoying! (btw, im using safari to do this lol)

EDIT: does it have to do with TSO by any means?

Re: Internet Explorer is not working!?

Solution: Switch to Firefox ;)
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Lol, my first instinct is to tell you to ditch IE :P
      But you may want real help.
      We're gonna need some more info, I think. Could you explain what the error message is?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brain21 View Post
        Lol, my first instinct is to tell you to ditch IE :P
        But you may want real help.
        We're gonna need some more info, I think. Could you explain what the error message is?
        Um, i would like to, but now its doing somthing wierd, its just opening it up and going to my homepage, but i can't do anything after that.

Comment

Can't even exit out of it.

Comment

Okay, i restarted my computer, and now it is working, does it envolve TSO?

Comment

I used to hate it when people did this, but I've tasted the kool aid, and it's delicious (and you haven't given us enough information to otherwise help you...).

You really should upgrade: www.IE7.com
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

NO!!!! A LINK TO...
                ohwaitnvm.

But yeah, FF is god of browsers, imo. I love Ad Block Plus. OOHOHOH, and Unplug, gets videos off the tubes for me :P
                sigpic

Comment

Is firefox that much better? and if so, how?

Comment

Well, it has a LOT less bugs, and its less prone to letting in viruses. Also, the interface is awesome, imo. Easy to use. Plus, the plugins are top notch. Those things I stated above are plugins. You'll have to re-install Flash and certain things, but its easy, and wayyy worth it.

BLATANT ADVERTISING OVER
                    sigpic

Comment

Put simply, firefox can do EVERYTHING internet explorer can do and WAY more. Integrated spell checker, popup blockers, greasemonkey, mail checkers, download monitors, winamp/itunes integration, tabbed browsing, dynamic page threading, drag and drop photo uploading. you name it, firefox has it. IE is just microsoft garbage. Hell, theres even a plugin for firefox that allows you to render pages AS internet explorer, so you can even run windows update from firefox!

Comment

Originally posted by brain21 View Post
                        Well, it has a LOT less bugs
                        It's not that it has less bugs, but that the bugs are well-reported and subject to fast fixing. IE is a black box and you don't know what horrors await you inside until some miscreant makes an exploit for one. And then you can't rely on MS shipping a fix quickly.

In some cases MS has dragged its feet on releasing a patch, and 3rd parties started releasing their own patches after a week or two went by with no fix forthcoming.
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          Put simply, firefox can do EVERYTHING internet explorer can do and WAY more. Integrated spell checker, popup blockers, greasemonkey, mail checkers, download monitors, winamp/itunes integration, tabbed browsing, dynamic page threading, drag and drop photo uploading. you name it, firefox has it.
                          In most cases through some kind of addon. But you could say that about IE. Seems like every website I visit with IE (and I do so rarely) wants to shove a plugin down my throat to play its animated content.

I do get the impression that FF is easier to customize and to write customizations for. Perhaps that's because the culture is more targeted to the "wild west" open source crowd who put their stuff out for free. With MS, the culture is to product-ize such things and sell them instead of giving them away. It's the Cathedral (MS) versus the Bazaar (FF).

http://www.amazon.com/Cathedral-Baza.../dp/1565927249
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

While we're on the subject of open source, might I suggest VLC Media player for videos and GIMP? Both are way lighter than many of their counter parts (meaning they take less resources to run). VLC is good for just watching movies, and the GIMP is like free Photoshop. Some think it's not as good, I wouldn't know, but it's good for the basics (like school projects).
                            sigpic

Comment

Switch to Firefox 3 Beta 5!

And if need be, please upgrade to IE7. There is no reason for anyone to be using IE6 / IE6.6 right now.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X