Gta 4 = Wow!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gta 4 = Wow!!!!

So, dont ask how i get GTA 4 yesterday when its not released until the 29th, but i did! (thanks god for where i work;) ) And WOW, what a game.

I have had a PS3 since before xmas, and only used it for a little CoD4, GT prologue and Pro Evo Soccer, but this is the game the console has been crying out for. I stayed up pretty much all last night playing it, and it is unreal, the graphics are top notch, the gritty plot is amazing, the city is VAST, pretty much what you expect, but better, from Niko's breath being visible on a cold night, to the mobile phone interfering with the radio before you recieve a text or call, its brilliant, the little touches show how much thought and love have went into it.

Obviously i have not tried online play yet, as there would be no one to play with, but jesus does it look promising!!!

I recommend anyone with a PS3 or even a 360 to pick this up! Word of advice though, dont let your Girlfriend get her hands on it, i might not get to play it for the rest of the week!!!!

Jeepo

Re: Gta 4 = Wow!!!!

lucky lucky. I'm really looking forward to the release. Probably my most anticipated non-sports or FPS game ever.
    Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

I'd love to. I might just buy a PS3 or 360 for this. BUT I better beat San Andreas first. Still working on that one. Hehe. That's what I get for playing WoW. It took me away from console gaming almost permanently.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

My friend got it today and he was playing online, I guess there are a few people who are playing it on 360, also I am planning it on 360 I hope it is really good.
        |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

Im not even gonna play it or watch anybody else play it till I buy a PS3.
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I'll be picking up my copy at midnight tomorrow. Just biding my time until then...

Comment

Me too. Im currently on Mids (1800-0600) but Monday night is my day off so it works out well since I'm already up (trying not to screw up my clock since it has already been a pain in the ass shifting over to nights).

Comment

Sounds like I am one of the few but I am waiting for the PC release. Last rumor said Sept/Oct of this year.

I just need to upgrade before then.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
                  Sounds like I am one of the few but I am waiting for the PC release. Last rumor said Sept/Oct of this year.

I just need to upgrade before then.
                  Name your source please.
                  I am thinking about buying a PS3 only for GTA4, but if a PC version is coming this year i might hold off a little longer.
                  former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

It was a long time ago. An EU gaming site reported it for an October release in the EU.

The main GTA games as of late have about a 6 month release delay between the console and PC versions. I am just going to wait because of that. By then I should have a new PC so I can play it in it's full glory.

I also have friends with 360s so I can play it at their houses.
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

According to IGN, it's the only game in close to a decade that they've rated a 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                        ...to the mobile phone interfering with the radio before you recieve a text or call...
                        That's realistic? I've never experienced that. You need a new cell phone if you have...
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                          That's realistic? I've never experienced that. You need a new cell phone if you have...
                          Never had it happen with a radio, but it happens with my PC speakers all the time. Phone's gotta be sitting practically on top of the speaker though.
                          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I am disappointed to hear that the RPG elements from SA have been removed.

With that said I can't wait for them to go back to a more hip hop setting.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

The whole hip-hop crap is why I never played SA.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X