• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep Number Mattress?

I searched and didn't see any threads.

Anyone have one? Any regrets?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Sleep Number Mattress?

I have to laugh - mattress discussion - officially the most boring thing I've ever seen on a forum, ever. And I've seen people discuss pens.

Comment

Because I'm sure that really helps him a lot, I'd personally rather talk about mattress' more than pens anyday.. I dont know about you but I have more fun on my mattress than I have with a pen...

Anyways but nah, I've never tried them or anything, what looked interesting to me is that one brand that uses the foam stuff,
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

For what it's worth, I'd appreciate people commenting if they've owned one (or maybe known someone who has). I can find white noise on a subject anywhere.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I need to replace my mattress as well. Any recommendations? Being relatively tall, I use a queen size so I can sleep diagonally without my feet hanging off.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I have a Buddy who bought the Sleep Number approx 8-10 years ago... and hasn't regretted it a day. He is a Big Guy (6' ish and 250 ish..) and says it hasn't had any issues so far. I'm in the market also (KING) but am looking at a Foam TOP/Spring mattress.. Not the Zillion dollar Temperpedic..
            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
            ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I hate Sleep Number. There, I said it.

I have never owned one, but my wife and I house-sat for some friends who had one for a week. After a week of sleeping on that hunk of junk, we both vowed never to consider buying one. It's basically a glorified air mattress. You adjust the firmness by inflating an air bladder that's at the top layer of the mattress, so it essentially feels like you're sleeping on an air mattress. Unless you can try sleeping on one of these things, I would say stay away.

For what it's worth, when we did need a new mattress we went to Art Van and got a Kingsdown. Pricey, but amazingly comfortable. I can't even lounge on it without falling asleep. Kingsdown also has (or should have) a test bed at the retailer that they can use to determine one of four firmness levels for your size and weight.
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I paid 3 Grand for a Temperpedic King and will do it again in 30 years when this one goes bad.

Comment

I have a Sleep Number bed and enjoy it. It is all about adjusting the bed to what level of firmness you find comfortable. The beds also matter just like normal mattresses on what type of top it has. I think we got the one with the moderate pillowtop.

I am a big guy, 6'7" 250 lbs and love my California King we bought almost 3 years ago. I used to always have a sore back in the mornings sleeping on a range of beds. I don't have that issue any longer.
                  |TG-12th| Sawviper

Comment

I owned a sleep number bed as well as the tempur-pedic I own now...

the sleep numbers are great for comfortable sleeping.

the down sides:

1) if there is a large difference between numbers from one side to the other, one tends to "fall off the mountain" to the lower side.
                    2) the pillowtop part is held underneath whith that felt crap, causing it to tear and move from side to side (bunching up right under you in the middle of the night... this can be fixed by sewing in a real sheet.)
                    3) during intercourse, hands, knees, feet, etc. (any small part that bears a lot of weight) sinks to the bottom of the mattress.
                    4) they tend to leak very slowly, causing you to wake up one morning laying on the plastic box underneath. it takes a few days, and if you check it every night, it usually is not an issue.

I would recommend the memory foam (tempur-pedic... there are cheaper in store clones) bed over the sleep number.

1) it is one piece (no zipped on top cover to tear up)
                    2) just as comfortable (if not more so)
                    3) no moving parts / electronics / air hoses to break
                    4) takes weight distribution better. (better for intercourse)
                    5) you do not have to take it apart to move
                    6) no "mountain / valley" effect
                    7) longer warranty

the only downside (if you think it would be) is that it holds heat, so in the summer you need to make adjustments. I use a fan at night and we both sleep great. this actually works well b/c my wife freezes when I am comfortable. I can have the room colder, and she is still fine since the bed holds heat so well.
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I've not slept on a sleep number bed, but I stayed in a hotel for over a month that had a Tempurpedic mattress and I'm going to be getting one with my tax refund/rebate. I've been sleeping on waterbeds for almost thirty years and I've finally found a mattress more comfortable. Definitely worth the money.

As for the sleep number beds: I've not heard anyone rave about them anywhere except in advertisements.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

My wife and I bought a sleep number mattress and we loved it, at first. We still enjoy it, but it seems like my number needs adjusting all of the time.

My wife and I are both pretty heavy, but I have not experienced any of the problems DdogG has, it just seems to have lost it's comfort over the last couple of years.
                        Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

If I had the money I'd probably go with the tempurpedic bed (the "foam" stuff). I've laid on one before and it was amazing. You can actually have them made with varying densities throughout the bed for custom comfort (along with differing densities side2side for sleeping with your spouse)... similar to sleep number, but obviously more permanent.

Sleep number seems neat, but I'd rarely see the need to make it mushy or soft on-the-fly like that.

Comment

I have a memory foam pillow, but it gets discolored over time, and I don't think it's washable. (I wash the cover, but it's permeable, and I have oily skin.) Is the mattress sealed?
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I have a memory foam pillow also. Its fairly good, wish I could find a good feather one though. I had one but it was getting old and I replaced it with the foam one. My parents have a memory foam mattress. It around 8 or 10 inches thick. I don't like it. I get hot at night and that mattress is like a heating pad.

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
                              I have to laugh - mattress discussion - officially the most boring thing I've ever seen on a forum, ever. And I've seen people discuss pens.
                              another useful post, high-five man :icon14:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X