Health insurance and Acutane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health insurance and Acutane

How might I help my friend in his problem receiving his medication?

My friend lives in the state of Illinois and is taking a drug called acutane for his type of acute acne. He was recently notified that the insurance company has decided to stop paying for his last 3 months of medication. He does not know what to do.

Any ideas of how to help him?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Health insurance and Acutane

Is this a medication that he needs? If so he should call the company and keep bugging them about it. But when it comes to insurance thats about all he can do.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Accutane is a very controversial drug. Did the insurance company say why decided to stop paying?

What is the difference between ordering online and your friends copay?

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
        Accutane is a very controversial drug. Did the insurance company say why decided to stop paying?

"Our insurance company comes barging in, saying that they will not pay unless I take a 2-month break. Just being off the medicine for 2 months would screw me over to back to before, and I'd have to go through the whole extremely low dose thing again. We can't get ahold of them, they say that we cannot talk to them, only the doctors can, and then they still don't listen. They are ignorant, and not cooperative at all. We decided to write a letter. You see, the insurance company will SAVE money if they pay for these last few months. Cause, I'd have to basically start over again. Not only that, but for the first few months of starting it, they didn't even have to pay much at all because I was on a extremely low dose."

Later, I stated for him different state agencies to report the negative behavior of the company to such as the Illinois Attorney General and the Attorney Generalís Health Care Bureau.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Wow, the inline ads are right in line, 3 about skin care and acne products.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post

I hear Accutane is hideously pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
              I hear Accutane is hideously pricey.

It is! Buy it in Canada from an online Pharm, save a buck.

Sarcoma
              Sarcoma.

Comment

I had a similar problem with some prescriptions about a year ago, and my Doctor was able to argue with the ins. company to extend the coverage. I'd have your friend talk to the dermatologist and see if they could try to persuade the insurance company that extending the coverage is necessary, they are usually more receptive to a doctor telling them it's necessary rather than the person who has to fork over the money otherwise.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

He says the doc tried, but nothing is happening, even though he is one of the worst cases the doctor has seen.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X