X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 best cars that have been in movies

here's the link
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spee.../1726473/1.php

my one caveat: Where's Christie Brinkley's Ferrari from National Lampoon's Vacation?
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: 50 best cars that have been in movies

Is McQueen's '68 fastback in the #1 slot?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
      Is McQueen's '68 fastback in the #1 slot?
      The DeLorean is, of course! Once I graduate from college I'm going to buy myself a DeLorean as a graduation present :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

hey nardini, there is a shop down the street from me that has one out front with the wings open pretty much every day to attract business.

also, one of my roommate in college family collects and restores them.

They are an amazing car for what they are.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

No Impalas???
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

OK, I just looked through the list and it's seriously messed up. They have Speed Racer and Dukes of Hazzard as "movies", even though those cars would be unknown if it weren't for the TV show. And if they're going to include TV cars, where's KITT? There was a Knight Rider movie.

And Bullitt at number 25? Come on. That's absolutely insane. It's hard to find a film buff that won't instantly tell you that this is the best car chase of all time:
            [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKg27i5Y3T4[/media]
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Was he really supposed to hit the car at 3:30 that had the camera on it?

That was a good list, though some were a little 'eeeh'. Like the 'Getaway MINIs', were listed twice, once for the original film, once for the remake, and I don't think neither of them were worth being on the list.

Wanna know something depressing? My grandma owned a 1968 red Dodge Charger she never drove... sold it about 12 years ago for $500.
              Last edited by Uranium - 235; 05-10-2008, 01:27 AM.

Comment

The Audi S8 from Ronnin should have been on that list. One of the best car chases ever!

Comment

I agree that there are lots of cars that should have been taken off the list, and added, especially some from some key tv shows:(even though it was just about movies)

The A-Team Van, Magnum P.I.'s ferrari, matt houston's 70's/80's dodge contraption of a car, the police car's in the A-Team and TJ Hooker....but then again it is rotten tomatoes.....and well, they critique movies and give poor ratings to some movies that really don't deserve them IMHO......but its something to have fun with..and if someone wants to take the time to categorize things of this nature i'm all about reading and posting it...

But I can't take all the credit for finding this list, I owe it to my daily news source...not the daily show, www.fark.com
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I agree with you guys about the list missing some and including some that should and shouldn't be there, BUT this list is on the RottenTomatoes website, so what do ya expect? It was still fun going through the list, though.

I am still seriously annoyed with the stupid Fast and the Furious movie, though. I had wanted a Toyota Supra since I was a kid, as my cousin and also a neighbor had 94 Twin-Turbo models. In 1999, when I was working and saving up for a 94 model, you could get one in perfect exterior shape, but that needed turbo work for around $8000-12000. As soon as that stupid movie came out in 2001, prices shot up to around $40,000 for the same damn car. So I gave up entirely on that car, and since they're so old and STILL expensive, I'm going for a Porsche now. Stupid Rob Cohen. Man I hate that guy. Same exact thing happened to late 60's model Mustangs after Gone in 60 Seconds came out. What was once a cheap and easy to get muscle car, was all of a sudden out of my price range. Grrrrr.
                    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X