James Madison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Madison

I am making a word search for my students (I teach young kids) and I need some help thinking of Words I can use about James Madison and the Battle of Baltimore. Since I can't think of anything else.

Thanks

-Sara
    2nd Grade Teacher
    Me - I'll Just blame bush.
    Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Re: James Madison

I would use lots of words from the National Anthem.
    Fort
    British
    Constitution
    Founding Father
    Washington DC
    Indians
    Canadians
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
      I would use lots of words from the National Anthem.
      Fort
      British
      Constitution
      Founding Father
      Washington DC
      Indians
      Canadians
      Thanks =]
      Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

Comment

Lots of material here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Madison

(Always check out the Discussion tab on a Wikipedia page. It's often as interesting as the main article.)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Hmmm...

Thinking about this a bit more, James Madison as a subject for second graders sounds OK, but the Battle of Baltimore? That's a bit more advanced unless focusing specifically on the birth of our National Anthem?

Weird...
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Hmmm...

Thinking about this a bit more, James Madison as a subject for second graders sounds OK, but the Battle of Baltimore? That's a bit more advanced unless focusing specifically on the birth of our National Anthem?

Weird...
            Yeah...since we sing it everyday in class, I think it would be good to teach them how it came about and why we sing it.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star-Spangled_Banner

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Sara View Post
                Yeah...since we sing it everyday in class, I think it would be good to teach them how it came about and why we sing it.
                You sing the National Anthem every day in class? Awesome. I didn't think that was done anymore...
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

You sing the National Anthem every day in class? Awesome. I didn't think that was done anymore...
                  When I was a kid, it was usually America the Beautiful, a much easier tune for the untrained.

Comment

It's more of my decision then the kids but it's still fun to do with them and they enjoy it so y'know its always fun

Comment

in Texas, they say the national anthem (under God included) every morning.

I remember that and the national anthem over the intercom every morning growing up. That and prayer (and later the "moment of silence") was a great way to start the day, and I am glad my kids have that same - if not a bastardized version - routine.
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
                        in Texas, they say the national anthem (under God included) every morning.
                        You mean the Pledge of Allegiance? They definitely don't sing every morning at any of the schools that I've been to in Texas...
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

You mean the Pledge of Allegiance? They definitely don't sing every morning at any of the schools that I've been to in Texas...
                          Doh!!!!

yes, I mean the pledge...

I think at one point I even wrote that and then changed thoughts to the national anthem and then got the two mixed.....
                          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
                            Doh!!!!

yes, I mean the pledge...

I think at one point I even wrote that and then changed thoughts to the national anthem and then got the two mixed.....
                            They do it here too, also with the McCarthy-era addition. Ruined a perfectly good pledge with someone's religion. *grumble grumble*
                            sigpic

Comment

I hadn't realized that "under god" got added so recently. A good example of how well democracy protects the desire of the majority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_allegiance

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X