New Game, FFoW or CoD4... R6V2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game, FFoW or CoD4... R6V2?

I didn't really know where to put it, so I'll put it here. I have been thinking of getting a new game. I have Bf2 which i played for a long time, but when i got Bf2142, i found it quite similar, so i am considering buying a new game. The couple games that I have heard are good, are Frontlines: Fuel or War, Call of Duty 4, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Can i have some help choosing because I'm not rich where i can buy them all lol. My background with the games are;

CoD4: Neighbor lets me play his Xbox everyonce and a while. A few hours of singleplayer done at a friends house too.

FFoW: Xfire buddy has it. Saw commercials. Random sites?

R6V2: Played a little co-op singleplayer with neighbor. Watched a few trailers/youtube.

What should i do? One thing i know, is that i don't want another battlefield like game. They get pretty much repetitive sometimes I feel. Can i have some help choosing. Thanks a lot to whoever can help :D (and please try to filter your bias in a good way)

Re: New Game, FFoW or CoD4... R6V2?

I have all of the games you mentioned, If it was me I would gowith COD4

Comment

The MP for FFoW looks better, but CoD4 is more mature, I suppose. R6V2 is more a rent game, imo. :P
      sigpic

Comment

Cod4
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

R6V2 is what most people predicted the next horrible game that should of been good like Halo
          I would go with COD4
          Me - I'll Just blame bush.
          Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Comment

is FFoW like battefield a lot then? I saw a few videos on it. Also, how are the multiplayer for all three of them? I love to play multiplayer so that is a big thing to me. Do they all still have updates coming out and stuff? Or are the games done?

Comment

FFoW for pc was relesed way too soon i hear 360 was better though because it had VOIP. if you have a 360 dl the demo for FFow and try it.

FFoW does have vehicles.

EDIT IMO FFoW and CoD4 play out like BF generaly. You have guns and you need to go kill the enemy. Because the dev team for FFoW put more time into vehicles and the dev team for CoD4 put it into guns, the weapons are much more devolped on CoD4. I dont play much 360 on line but the CoD4 1P missions were the most fun missions I have ever done for any game because of thier unique play.
              sigpic

Comment

Is this for PC or console?

I haven't played any of the Rainbow Six games since the first so I can't judge that one.

FFoW: Great potential, released way too early, no one is playing it online and SP stinks.

CoD4: Good single player, enough variety to keep you interested. See MP below:

<Personal bias follows, take with a grain of salt>
                CoD4 has had no gameplay additions or advances since the first game 3/4 years ago. If you like shoebox size maps, running in circles, and enemy spawning behind you. you will love this game.

I loved Cod and CoD:UO, but with the release of CoD2 and 4 IW has turned the PC game into an extension of the console with none of the benefits of owning a PC (ability to play large maps, vertical spaces, vehicles, etc). My guess, if you are used to the battlefield series and like the large maps/battlefields and teamwork you will be very disappointed with CoD4 MP.

The good news is, there are a number of larger custom maps coming out and the AWE mod allows for the CNQ gametype that is very similar to BF Conquest mode. Trouble is you have to find servers that run them.

Do you have the Valve Orange Box? If not, get that and enjoy.

-Ponch
                sigpic

"Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by Poncherello View Post
                  Do you have the Valve Orange Box? If not, get that and enjoy.

-Ponch
                  I second that motion. Best gaming value EVER. Also, if I only had a computer worthy of running it, it'd boil down to these 3 words...

AGE OF CONAN!

That game is looking pretty sweet. Comes out on the 20th. Since I haven't played it, no bias here.
                  "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

COD4 single player was excellent, but it was extremely short. I completed the entire game in under 12 hours. The online play is much faster paced than battlefield, so if your looking for something faster I would say go with that.

Comment

CoD4 all the way. R6V2 is nothing but a 60$ expension pack.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                      The BigC

Comment

Well what i am looking for, is something other than battlefield. If i want to play battlefield, i would continue playing it. I am looking for something different. What i meant was is it like bf where i shouldn't just get another revamped battlefield game. Well out of all of the feedback and from forums and crap, i think i decided on CoD4. The multiplayer plays good on the xbox i think (for all i have played) so i am looking forward to it. Can't wait to play with you all.

Comment

Ya, i would go with COD4 Hooah!
                          Ryuubi was here!

Comment

Hopefully i won't be a horrid soldier for the |TG| lol. But i will be ready to play. Also, does |TG| mean no n00b t00bs, juggern00b, and mortyn00b? lol. Those are the best perks ever! The n00b t00b can be replaced with the RPG too lol. But that is just my 1 hour of online play worth of knoledge of CoD4 lol.

Comment

Generally, it's less 'No noob tube' and more 'if you've got an RPG and you're playing US, use it to kill tanks or something.* If you've got an RPG and you're opfor, unload that sucker like you think you might actually hit something.' Because that's sort of what happens in the real world, which is more or less what we're going for.

* I have no idea what, or even if, the US uses RPGs for. But everyone I've ever seen using an RPG-7 generally has like fifty grenades and more or less just fires them in the general direction of soldiers from a first world country as fast as they can.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X