iPhone vs Android

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone vs Android

I have been anticipating buying the 3G iPhone coming out this summer, I have never owned one. Then I read about googles android OS phones that are supposed to be coming out in the winter time. I want my phone to do as much kewl crap as possible. Which one should I wait for? Or is there a better option all together?

http://news.google.com/news?sourceid...=1&sa=N&tab=wn

Re: iPhone vs Android

There is definitely a better option: Dont spend 500 bucks on a phone. It's a PHONE people. Use it to talk to people. Use your computer for the extra crap.

Comment

Buy a pocket pc with a built-in phone. With a 4 gb flash card it'll hold the same amount of music and do more than the iphone or the android for half the price.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Talk to people that own the iPhone, and see if you can find one that isn't happy with it.

The iPhone is much much more than a phone. I probably use mine as a phone 20% of the time, max. I'm planning on even upgrading to the 3G if I can get a decent price for my current jailbroken phone.

Android is interesting, and I'm definitely watching it too, but if you unlock your iPhone, you can add a TON of stuff to it, and the UI can't be beat.

Plus, it's also a video iPod. I just watched a couple episodes of Arrested Development while doing the laundry. :)
        Beatnik

Comment

I gotta admit, the screen on the iPhone is simply superb. I just went on a roadtrip to Louisiana with some friends (one of whom has an iPhone), and the fantastic browser was indispensable for proving useless trivia to one another. The quasi fake GPS was also really wonderful in finding our way around as well. The multi-touch screen is the best smart phone or PDA interface I've EVER used. I'd say when 3G comes out, go for the iPhone.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I have never seen so much love for anything that didn't have boobs. I think I'm going to have to get an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              There is definitely a better option: Dont spend 500 bucks on a phone. It's a PHONE people. Use it to talk to people. Use your computer for the extra crap.
              Flip that on its head, though. I hate phones. I practically have a panic attack when one rings. I suffer having to lug a phone around in case I have an emergency, like a car break down. But I love to have all that other stuff with me. So instead of carrying two boxes, I get a box I like and it has a phone inside, too.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                I have never seen so much love for anything that didn't have boobs.
                LOL! You don't know my taste in women! ;)

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I got a kyocera phone for 20$. It.. uh... doesn't do anything except take calls and send text. But, you know, 20$.

Comment

Mine doesn't even do text. Mainly because the first person to send me something with the 'word' "ur" in it would find a bomb in their mailbox.

Comment

I wish my phone were just a phone. The extra bells and whistles are lost on me, not because I don't know how to use them, more I don't see why I'd use them. And I detest internet shorthand as well, hurts my head. Especially when you see two or three character words abbreviated. That's just being lazy...

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Something disturbing about the choice of ads for this thread: an airsoft gun, iPhonegeek, and a bunch of chat sites.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X