Vintage Weapons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Weapons?

I pride myself on my knowledge of WWII era weaponry and have a passion for collecting these weapons. Even though I don't own any right now, I want to start. The closest thing I own is a Mosin-Nagant carbine. I was wondering if anyone here is knowledgeable on the price ranges. I was at the Gun Store today and saw a M1 Carbine that caught my eye. It was the full stock version and it was kind of beat up, but not bad. They were asking $999 for it and wasn't budging on the price. Is this a fair price?
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Vintage Weapons?

With the M1 Carbine it all depends on Grade. What model is it? Thier were several different models made some are worth more than others Winchester is the most popular of them and the most mass produced they are worth more if all of the parts on them are original and in good condition I would say condition plays the bigest part in worth of WWII Arms If you say it looks beat up then $1000 is too much for it you can get on Gunbroker.com and find one in great shape for far less than that.
    |TG| Plude220

Comment

Dirtboy is weak in the pants and instead bought an M4.

This thread is now about Dirtboy and how he sucks.
      Skud

Comment

I'll also recommend Gunbroker.com for research on fair prices. Also, with vintage weapons, it's important to know about serial numbers and manufacturing stamps.

If you want a Garand, I still think the best place to get it is from the DCM: http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/index.htm
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

$1,000 bucks for a beat up M1 Carby is way to much $$$$

From my recent expriences, gun shows of late tend to have some of the worst prices on stuff I have ever seen!

Ammo prices tend to be alright however....

What kinda AR-15 did you get?

I hope it didnt start with"RRA/BM/OLY/STAG/DPMS/ETC"....

That would make me sad :(

Good luck on your quest! I want to pick up a Mosin or a Mauser at some point, it's just that I have a lot of money to spend on stuff for the guns I already have:D
          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
            What kinda AR-15 did you get?

I hope it didnt start with"RRA/BM/OLY/STAG/DPMS/ETC"....

That would make me sad :(
            Dude, Colt's stuff has been sucking the last 5 or so years. Rock River Arms is definitely of equal quality, and if you take the price into consideration, well, heck, let's not even go there.
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              Dude, Colt's stuff has been sucking the last 5 or so years. Rock River Arms is definitely of equal quality, and if you take the price into consideration, well, heck, let's not even go there.
              I disagree, there is a HUGE difference in quality between them, but as you said, I won't go there...
              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                I pride myself on my knowledge of WWII era weaponry and have a passion for collecting these weapons. Even though I don't own any right now, I want to start. The closest thing I own is a Mosin-Nagant carbine. I was wondering if anyone here is knowledgeable on the price ranges. I was at the Gun Store today and saw a M1 Carbine that caught my eye. It was the full stock version and it was kind of beat up, but not bad. They were asking $999 for it and wasn't budging on the price. Is this a fair price?
                I bought mine for $200 and spent another $75 going thru and matching the parts (all by inland ). You have to watch for the import stamp on the barrel as these are the cheapest and the least collectible but are good functioning firearms. Also look at the gas ejection system as this is where they breakdown first and would require a replacement barrel. I'm lucky because one of the chief restorers in the US lives 20 minutes away from me.
                Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Dirtboy go to www.ar15.com and you can find all the answers you need. They have sections for every type of weapon you can think of. Now its time to start buying all the goodies for your new AR. Go to the equipment section at www.ar15.com and you can find everything you want. For good prices. Don't buy from your local store or gun shows. THEY ARE WAY OVER PRICED!!

Comment

I swear we've had this thread before... Anyway, I've also considered buying a service grade K98 from http://www.mauser.org/
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Some vintage weapons:

http://www.trebuchet.com/
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Make a video with that Mosin, it must have some kick

We need a M1 in PR :/

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I have an Enfield Mk.5 or Jungle Carbine. It was my grandfather's rifle. He fought in the Pacific theater.

If you have the stock parts, gun can be worth a lot. I guess this goes for all weapons, but if you want a high value vintage gun, make sure it has the stock parts or else.

I know that a vintage bayonet for the Enfield can go up to a few hundred dollars, so things can get expensive...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X