Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs

Does anyone here following the NHL playoffs?? Particularly anyone from either Pittsburgh or Detroit? Obviously I'm a Penguin fan and after the royal smashing of the Flyers (6-0) in game 5 (4-1), I think we are ready for Detroit. It will go to 6 games, 4-2 Pittsburgh...my prediction anyway.
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Re: Playoffs

grrr I'm a ranger fan.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

lol, sorry about that...not really, but good games.

I think first game of Stanley finals are this Saturday...correct me if I'm wrong.
      sigpic
      I'm Back.

Comment

Go spurs go!

Oh wait.. you're talking about that other sport :p

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

yea...i'm not a NBA fan at all....no clue whats going on. Might have something to do with the fact that Pittsburgh doesn't have a NBA team.

It is confirmed, first stanley cup final game begins Saturday, 24th @ 8pm EST @ Detroit...I won't be on during that time. :)
          sigpic
          I'm Back.

Comment

Same here, I'll be parked in front of my TV with a brewskie and some popcorn

Comment

Flyers fan here. I'd estimate I have watched 70-75% of the playoffs this year. While I don't particularly like either team in the finals (Malkin and Crosby, while great players, were running their mouths/complaining the entire series and Detroit is the Yankees of hockey) I am definitely hoping for an enjoyable, 7 game series. If I had to pick a winner I would hope Detroit wins simply because they aren't the Penguins.

Overall I have really enjoyed the playoffs despite the Flyers not making it. Just the performance in game 4, preventing the sweep and the Penguins from celebrating in Philadelphia and leaving everything on the ice was awesome to watch. Sure it didn't work out in game 5 but game 4 was what hockey is all about and the best professional sport.

Bill Simmons sums up the past month perfectly.

Originally posted by Bill Simmons
              There are so many things that separate hockey from other sports -- good and bad -- but no other sport makes you constantly think, "Uh-oh, this is good" or "Uh-oh, this is bad." Every minute of playoff hockey brings another potential scoring chance, another potential screw-up or tipped shot, another shot off the goal post, another three-on-two rush. For the fans, it's an exhausting experience, a constant battle between "Uh-oh, this is good" and "Uh-oh, this is bad" and by the end of the games, you're just a puddle.

Comment

I've watched most of the playoffs as I usually do. Being Canadian and all. :)

I'd like Pittsburgh to win but think that Detroit is a stronger team overall. Having said that that's why they play the games. You never know what might happen.
                I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

*Bump*

Well, we had to win last night and we did...Great game!! Saturday is Game 4 and we have to win then too. Did anyone see the game last night?? When Orpik was on a freakin roll leveling ppl? I seriously think he hit 5 people, knocking them to the ground in less than 7 seconds. Got the crowd into it.

Malkin just needs to start playing like he was earlier in the playoffs. If Malkin plays like that and Sid plays like he did last night...we might make it a series.
                  sigpic
                  I'm Back.

Comment

Wow, where has Malkin gone? He simply could not keep the puck on his stick or make a good pass last night, especially late. The Penguins as a team looked completely out of sync except for that final desperate push as time expired.

Comment

Well, Game 5 ended well into the 3rd freaking overtime!!! With a Penguin victory!!! Series is now 3-2 with the Red Wings in the lead.
                      Marc Andre Fluery had the absolute best game of his career...unbelievable saves which i'm sure will be on youtube soon.
                      I agree aculle01 that Malkin isn't what he has been this series. Honestly, I believe he his simply out of gas.
                      Stayed up till 1:00 am to finish watching the game and it was EPIC! please post if u watched the game and share ur comments.
                      sigpic
                      I'm Back.

Comment

Didn't start watching until the last 3 minutes of the 3rd period as I had a softball playoff game. Ended up watching the rest of the game. I don't think the Fleury's saves were unbelievable, at least in the overtimes, but they were great thanks to his superb positioning and the relentless pressure by Detroit.

Stanley Cup overtime hockey really cannot be beat. Not only is it sudden death but there are ZERO TV timeouts. Each overtime period is nothing but 20 minutes of straight up do or die competitiveness that is impossible to turn away from. You can also throw in the reverence that the Cup itself carries and what it means to hockey players and I honestly don't think any other sport matches hockey when it is played at its highest level like last night.

I am hoping for a Penguins' win tomorrow night but for Detroit to ultimately win the series, just for the fact that it will be on their home ice and its only right to watch the fans celebrate with the team.

Comment

here's a highlight reel from Game 5. Notice the 2 on 1 bolcked shot by Fluery.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=w2loARnxvx8[/media]
                          sigpic
                          I'm Back.

Comment

Detroit's last goal was crap. Isn't pushing the goal tender a foul?

Comment

Dunno....kinda disappointed, but hey what can ya do. All in all, awesome season. Good job Red Wings as they deserve it.
                              sigpic
                              I'm Back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...