Indiana Jones IV thoughts... *possible spoilers*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones IV thoughts... *possible spoilers*

I was skeptical, but I thought the movie was very good. People are all over IMDB complaining about the ending and the sci-fi aspect but I think it worked out. I was very apprehensive about Shia LaBouf but he did a bang up job all-around, I thought he played his role and did a fantastic job in doing so.

Re: Indiana Jones IV thoughts... *possible spoilers*

My thoughts are mixed.

(spoilers)

Firstly I was disapointed that it did not start off in true Indy fashion with him doing a spot of treasure seeking. There was a reference that he was found digging in Mexico, well I would have liked to have seen this from the set off. This would have also drawn me closer to the Mac charater (the fat traitor), and therefore led to me being more surprised to him turn coating.

I however thought Shia LaBouf played his role great, also he was a well draw charater. If he had been a cocky kid trying to out do Indy that would have sucked, but how they had him was great.

The whole turn out of him being Indy's son and then Indy getting married did however inoy me.

As for the adventuring fun, that was great. The car chase perticuly was great fun aand kept me very excited.

(End spoilers)

So in all it was fun but it was not a true Indy film, just like Die Hard 4 was fun but not a true Die Hard.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

I enjoyed the sci-fi elements greatly.

Spoilers

Once I saw the box marked Roswell I was hooked. According to a friend I missed the Area 51 on one of the signs.

Also that atom bomb test was AMAZING.

end of spoilers

I was reading on wiki and they did it because of the age. They wanted to do more of a 1950s B sci-fi movie then a 1930s adventure serial.

I don't know how I compare it to the other Indy movies. I need to rewatch them.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Haven't watched the film yet... But i'm sure it'll rock

Comment

Enjoyed it a lot.

I stumbled upon a leaked synopsis of the plot about a year ago, and really couldn't believe it, just seemed way too outlandish for an Indiana Jones film. But they seemed to be able to pull it off pretty damn well. A few things now and then irked me, but it made for exactly what it was going for I thought.

Comment

I loved it, but I really hated the ending. The whole alien thing was just too outlandish, even for an Indiana Jones movie. The car chase through the jungle was perfect though!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I will say that I wasn't impressed with the vine jumping in the jungle, just seemed a bit off.

Comment

omg Vine jumps? He can do vine jumps at his age? lol

Comment

To me, the Atomic blast was the ONLY really cool part of the movie...

The rest was just "Meh"....
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

The atomic blast confused me, I don't know much about these sorta things but could you survive even in a lead lined refridgerator. Also even if it would save him from the radiation then fact that the fridge was propelled through the sky then landed from such height and he survived inoyed me. I don't mind some fun but over the top unrealistic things bother me.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

...So Indy surviving a plane crash by using an inflatable raft didn't bother you? Or him hitching a ride on a Nazi U-boat and making it into a secret base undetected before the U-boat even docks? Indy's made some outlandish escapes before.

Comment

i thought it was cheesy, but he has balls of steel

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                          ...So Indy surviving a plane crash by using an inflatable raft didn't bother you? Or him hitching a ride on a Nazi U-boat and making it into a secret base undetected before the U-boat even docks? Indy's made some outlandish escapes before.
                          Well this wasn't Indy.

Comment

I thought it was a really fun movie. I LOVED the sci-fi elements of it. What I did think was totally cheesy and over the top was Shia doing all that stupid Tarzan vine-swinging, and somehow catching up to speeding cars. ??? I also thought the scene where he threw Indy the obviously rubber snake was totally corny. Wouldn't that have killed the snake or like ripped it in half? There were some other cheesy points in the movie, but I'll forgive them as I did really walk away a satisfied customer.
                            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I think it was all great, though the Tarzan part was completely cheezy and I hated it. The Sci-Fi wasn't too bad considering they have OTHER artifacts that don't exist in the other movies. I think my favourate part was when the kid pulled out his knife on the two agents and then when he started the fight.

Veritas | Fidelis | Hopian|
                              [76:17] | 75:17 | 76:18 |
                              Crystal | Marble | Wine |
                              Add my Gamertag Spirit Of F1re for some
                              FFoW/Halo3(Let me know your TGer)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse