Question about TG servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about TG servers

I've been looking around the forums and have been reading many threads but I can't find any info on your servers. What I'm looking for is the type of servers you have. How many? When are they mostly used? Where are they located? Are your servers used regularly? Are there people constantly on there seeing there are many members, I think. Didn't I see something like close to 2,000 members posted somewhere here? Maybe not.

I'm interested in becoming a paid member but I need more info and cannot, for the life of me, find anything about private servers on this forum. Maybe some of you can point this nub to some threads about subscription advantages and whatnot.

Help please. :D

Thanks
    Last edited by CozmikD; 11-07-2004, 10:12 AM.

Re: Question about TG servers

From the www.tacticalgamer.com main page, click on the 'server list' link on the left to see all the servers we have. You can also click on the 'server status' link to see who is playing right now.

For more specific technical details about each server such as mods, rules and other requirements to play see the forums relating to the that game. Read all the 'stickied' threads and the 'Official Rules and Announcements' forum for that game.

For info about becoming a private member read the FAQs, again from the left hand side of the main page.

Welcome to TG, enjoy your gaming here.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

I can only answer a few. The severs tend to see alot of action at night and on Sundays. Low points seem to be friday nights and Saturday nights. The servers are located in Dallas, Texas and the benifits of a subscription that I can remember are reserved slots in all of our servers and you can recommend what games you would like a server for. Current big games are Natural Selection its a Half Life mod and Joint Ops. (Maybe on the Joint Ops not sure)
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Membership also gives you a [email protected] email address as well as webspace.

As for the servers, we have 13 Gigabit Ethernet connections to 10 distinct Internet backbones and/or service providers from our data center in Texas.

Here is a handy list of Tactical Gamer's current servers:

Community TeamSpeak- 67.19.106.94:8767
        PUBLIC TeamSpeak- 67.19.106.94:24000
        Joint Operations - RETAIL NOVAWORLD WEST
        Ghost Recon - Co-OP TG 2.0 66.194.75.198
        Ghost Recon - Co-OP TG 3.0 67.19.26.149
        Battlefield 1942 : Desert Combat 67.19.26.150
        Natural Selection 3.0 b4a 67.19.90.170
        Counter-Strike: Source 67.19.90.171:27017

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by =luna=
          2 TS servers? I was unaware of this...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Comment

Thanks Gents, very helpful indeed.

Here's a couple more you may want to answer.

How many paid members are currently in TG?

Is there a possibility of testing the private servers for ping before I join full time? Will it be the same as the public CS:S server?

Thanks again fellas :D

Comment

Membership also gives you a [email protected] email address as well as webspace.

As for the servers, we have 13 Gigabit Ethernet connections to 10 distinct Internet backbones and/or service providers from our data center in Texas.

Here is a handy list of Tactical Gamer's current servers:

Joint Operations - RETAIL NOVAWORLD WEST
                Ghost Recon - Co-OP TG 2.0 66.194.75.198
                Ghost Recon - Co-OP TG 3.0 67.19.26.149
                Battlefield 1942 : Desert Combat 67.19.26.150
                Natural Selection 3.0 b4a 67.19.90.170
                Counter-Strike: Source 67.19.90.171:27017

Hope this helps!
                Are any of those strictly private anymore, Luna?

FYI, CozmikD, the NS server is public, but members enjoy some special priveleges thanks to some handy-dandy plugins.

And as most of the servers are in the same place (same building even, I think), the ping from one box to another shouldn't vary too wildly. Your mileage may vary with the JO server (Novaworld) and the TG2.0 (donated), but the others should be pretty consistent with each other.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

None of the servers are currently private. We have private events that only members may participate in.

Comment

You can ping any machine on the internet if you know its IP. For e.g. to ping the TG CS:S server in win XP go to start > programs > accessories > command prompt and then type "ping 67.19.90.171:27017" then hit ENTER.

This will not necessarily be the ping you get in game, and network performance depends on much more than just ping, but it gives you a general idea.
                    Last edited by Wintermute; 11-08-2004, 07:08 PM.
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Wait, what? I must have missed the memo. You mean I should have [email protected] to add the my ever growing list of e-mail accounts!?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                        Wait, what? I must have missed the memo. You mean I should have [email protected] to add the my ever growing list of e-mail accounts!?
                        Make sure you read all the posts in the Members Only Announcement forum.. :-)
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by CozmikD

How many paid members are currently in TG?

Thanks again fellas :D
                          And the magic number is....

Thanks for the answers guys. :)

Comment

Well, I don't know the exact number but you can see how many paid members participate in the community by looking at those with dog tags above their avatars. Most that have replied to this thread are paid members. Another indicator is checking out the Members List and seeing how many names are in bold. I sorted the list by post count and most of the top posters are members and about half of the first page are members.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                              Well, I don't know the exact number but you can see how many paid members participate in the community by looking at those with dog tags above their avatars. Most that have replied to this thread are paid members. Another indicator is checking out the Members List and seeing how many names are in bold. I sorted the list by post count and most of the top posters are members and about half of the first page are members.
                              I stopped counting at 55... And I wonder if the members list is up to date?
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X