An unknown..Thing found in russia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unknown..Thing found in russia

This creepy little bugger came out of a river in russia supposably and someguy caught it luckily when fishing. Poor quality video

Description so far: It's goopy as a frog, flat as a table, gills from a fish, legs from a centipede?

AvP anyone?

|TG-Irr|JamesTerror

Re: A unknown..Thing found in russia

OMG! That thing looks eerie >.>

Comment

Re: A unknown..Thing found in russia

wow whatthe hell

Comment

Re: An unknown..Thing found in russia

It's an alien, it could destroy us all with a single look! What should we do?

Poke it with a stick.

That is very odd, I have no idea what it is.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Why is it a video response to a bad YouTube movie?
          BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
          CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

That is really... odd
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

It reminds me of a facehugger. I have no idea what it is, though. Lets poke it with a stick!
              I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

It kind of looks like a sort of Lamprey Eel that is in the early stages of life. Possibly even one of the cleaner fish that hang around under the belly of larger fish, Remora Fish I believe they are called. Anyway, get the important scientific tools and lets go to work. "Where is my stick?"

Comment

Reminds me of those type of dinosaur fish, Don't know what they're called, kind of look like stingrays but with a armored back and legs at the bottom like a centipede but think it only has 8 legs.. Looks like one of those if it was soft shelled and quick reacting..
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Why are people surprised, its from russia!!!!! It probably started out as small bacteria inside one of their "safe" nuclear missiles tubes and over the last 30 years of being exposed to the radiation you get this thing.....
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I suggest we name it the "ghoti".

This is pronounced like the "gh" in "enough", the "o" in "women", and the "ti" in "nation". ;)
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Brilliant. :row__572:

Actually, this is a crustacean in the order Notostraca, and is known as a Triops, or tadpole shrimp. But don't let that put you off--it may as well be an alien life-form. They are the surviving remnant of a very ancient form of crustacea that used to rub carapaces with the trilobites--popularly termed a "living fossil", like the Coelocanth (the fish mentioned above).

What's really strange (beyond just the baseline strangeness of this thing) is that usually these are measured in terms of mm, not cm, with Britannica citing a maximum length opf 100 mm (about 4 inches), so that is an absolutely huge one.

Apparently this one was filmed near Rostov...not sure if that's in Yaroslavl Oblast, or if they mean Rostov Oblast...either way, no idea what the nearest nuclear facility/testing ground is.

Everything about them critters is odd--life cycle, structures, unidentified organs, you name it. Them thangs 'r weird.

Better poke it with a stick.
                        Last edited by Axis of Eeevil; 06-01-2008, 01:59 AM.
                        sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Eeevil View Post
                          Brilliant. :row__572:

Actually, this is a crustacean in the order Notostraca, and is known as a Triops, or tadpole shrimp. But don't let that put you off--it may as well be an alien life-form. They are the surviving remnant of a very ancient form of crustacea that used to rub carapaces with the trilobites--popularly termed a "living fossil", like the Coelocanth (the fish mentioned above).

What's really strange (beyond just the baseline strangeness of this thing) is that usually these are measured in terms of mm, not cm, with Britannica citing a maximum length opf 100 mm (about 4 inches), so that is an absolutely huge one.

Apparently this one was filmed near Rostov...not sure if that's in Yaroslavl Oblast, or if they mean Rostov Oblast...either way, no idea what the nearest nuclear facility/testing ground is.

Everything about them critters is odd--life cycle, structures, unidentified organs, you name it. Them thangs 'r weird.

Better poke it with a stick.
                          I still think that it's an Alien. Anyone got a sharp stick?

|TG-Irr|JamesTerror

Comment

Should experiment with it.. Does fire make it turn to ash?? Who knows?
                            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

tadpole...shrimp ^_^

say no to genetic alteration I say XD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed