Break a World Guinness Record

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break a World Guinness Record

Be apart of A world Guinness record. Then drink Guinness :) Then download the current verison while waiting for the update:

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord

Firefox is a internet browser like internet explorer. It is much better. I don't know much about the new one but i often use the current version. The best part is you can add user created scripts which will customize different websites. For instance i have a spell check built into this pm system in firefox. On Ikariam i can see other town scores without using spies. Its like an organizer function for data. It does not replace Internet explorer as often times major websites don't support it ie Age of Conan website. Also all pages it does support load faster do to the way it loads images - think organized building of a wall - > firefox
    dumping dirt into a pile -> internet explorer.

Re: Break a World Guinness Record

I think the vast majority of us already use firefox, so the ad is not needed. but thanks for the link to the pledge site. I am anxious for ff3 myself. BTW, except for microsoft.com websites, I don't know of any site I need to use ietab for, (that is ie running in a firefox tab)

I have been using the portableapps.com version for 2 years and love it. I can transfer over my passwords, bookmarks, settings, and addons by dragging one folder to a thumb drive.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Opera, noobs.

Comment

Safari ftw

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I use Mozilla and it is far superior to internet explorer.

Comment

Anything but IE. I'm using FF3rc2 right now (but Seamonkey on my Win2k box). I used to use Opera until it kept crashing on some sites I regularly visited, many versions ago. Mozilla had just come online and was open source so I tried it and never went back. But I'd consider Opera again, definitely in preference to IE.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Sorry... but Firefox FTW

Comment

how does the ie tab work
                powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

IETab is simple. At the bottom of every page (after you install it of course) in the lower right corner is a little firefox icon. If you want the page to re-load using IE rendering, click it and it shall be done. If you have a specific link that you want to click on that you'd rather view using IE rendering (I find switching between firefox rendering and IE rendering fixes video loading on some pages, like CNN), you can right click the link and select the new "Open in a new IE Tab" option. Theres also a filtering option that will automatically load certain pages in IE rendering, such as windows update and any microsoft page.

Basically, in lamens terms, firefox and IE handle pages differently, much like two different operating systems. The smart lad that developed IE tab basically found a way to integrate the ability to do both into one browser. After you have IETab installed, you never have to use IE again, even for windows update!

Comment

IE is actually a "control". Every widget in Windows, from buttons to checkboxes to entry fields to menus, is a control. IE is just another control and you can put a copy of it in your own window. The IE you're familiar with is just a big window with one control, the IE control.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUI_widget

IETab puts a copy of the IE control inside a Firefox tab.

The Windows folder Explorer is another example, using IE as a customized control to display your folders.

If you play WoW, you can see this used in the launcher program to display web content in a pane of the launcher. I believe the Steam launcher also uses IE this way.

Because it really is IE, not an emulation of IE, it has all the security problems of IE. So don't use it on untrusted websites.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Yea I remember a big legal case about this, type c:\ in ie and you can browse your hard drive. wow my tips are awesome

This guy below is slightly better, he seems to be waffling about firefox 3
                      [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g30Xyh6Wqc[/media]

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I remember being all "wow Firefox 2!"... and it sucked(s?).

I was trying to find a way to work in a joke about firefox, and foxes being quick and how it 'burns up' your memory...

Comment

Safari 4 owns ff3 due to optimised javascript code apparently

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37904/113/

Comment

Break a webserver.

I can't get it to download. Just like any game patch or high-profile download within the first hours of release. Moz might break a record on how long the servers are not reachable :)
                            former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I tried FF, but I like certain things that Opera offers better and stuck with it.
                              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X