Golfers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golfers

Today,I went golfing for the first time this year. 18 holes. I played the absolute worse golf I ever played in my entire life! I think my final score was about 105 or so. Pitiful, I know. How many other TG golfers are here and what is ur normal score. Mine, when I'm in my groove, is around 90-95 for 18 holes. I know it isn't exactly good, but I don't profess to be a good golfer.
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Re: Golfers

at least when you golf your golf balls go down the fair way, mine go directly right. But i still like to honk at the golfers when i drive by.....really makes a bad day better again.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I suck, but I have a good day when I break 90.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Why is it so hard to hit a little white ball straight? Trooper sounds like me when I was younger. For the life of me, I could never hit it straight.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
          Why is it so hard to hit a little white ball straight? Trooper sounds like me when I was younger. For the life of me, I could never hit it straight.

Ive had many golfers look at my swing and try to give me tips, open the club head close the club head.....it will go 25yards straight then do a kick right to the hole we just got off of....so i caddy
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

yea I have a similar "problem". I slice every time....it's real consistent. But I've just used that as an advantage. I'm a lefty, so I set up aiming considerably more right than normal and it slices left into the fairway...normally. I usually don't have problems with driving or irons and woods....it's my putter that drives my score up. I consistently 3 putt, or worse. I basically shoot myself in the foot after getting on the green in 2 strokes on a par 5 only to bogey it. Oh well, it's fun. I guess I like to get my moneys worth.
            sigpic
            I'm Back.

Comment

I shoot about as well as you do, Bandaid - 90-95 on a good day. Though I haven't even swung a club yet this year.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by BandaidBandit View Post
                Today,I went golfing for the first time this year. 18 holes. I played the absolute worse golf I ever played in my entire life! I think my final score was about 105 or so. Pitiful, I know. How many other TG golfers are here and what is ur normal score. Mine, when I'm in my groove, is around 90-95 for 18 holes. I know it isn't exactly good, but I don't profess to be a good golfer.
                Wow, I feel really bad for you, NOT.

I go golfing 12-18 times a year and a good round for me is when I break 110, I'm usually in the 120-130 range, but my friend and I have fun and it's the only reason I go golfing.
                Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

I absolutely love golf. When I had more time to dedicate to it a couple years ago I could break 90 maybe one of three games. I never went after a handicap though.

The great majority of golfers that slice to the right are coming over the top of their swing plane and cutting across the ball from the outside in. Coming over the top is usually caused by trying to "hit" the ball rather than swinging through it like a bull whip.

I had a terrible problem with this until I had a several lessons from a pro. First, I had to fix my grip. It's akward as hell, but look at a pro on tv as he lines up for a drive. The left wrist is bent way back. This is less dramatic with the smaller clubs, but for the amateur no less awkward.

Once you have the right set up you have to fix the swing. What helped me most was to begin the downswing with the feeling that my hands and elbows were dropping to my hips first before I started my rotation. This kept the club "inside" the swing plane coming from the inside (closest to me) through the ball. Now everything has a slight draw to the left and if I do screw up it goes straight left with no great consequence....usually. All those corrections only took about 3 years to fix ;)
                  New to TG?

Comment

The only way you will get me on a golf course is if I'm playing Navy Seals style (you know, the old movie with charlie sheen): piss drunk from the side of a golf cart...kinda like drunken motorized polo.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X