Texas LAN BBQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas LAN BBQ

Anyone know if theres gonna be one this year? If need be I can arrange for a conference room at work here in Victoria! (About 2 hours out of Austin)

Re: Texas LAN BBQ

Would anyone be interested in doing something like this? I was chatting with one of the TG members here, and they seem interested. I also have a couple people here locally that are interested. I work for the local newspaper so I could definetly run an ad or something in the community to bring more attention to the event and to Tactical Gamer.

Comment

wow TG BBQ meeting! Cmon people start organizing

Comment

I don't have time to organize it, but with enough advance notice, I can definitely be there!

I've been getting emails from TekRepublik in Austin, so they're still an attractive option for me. I really don't want to lug my machine halfway across the state, but if everyone's on board with this, I will!

Leejo has to promise to wear sandals or go barefoot, though...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

well I will organize everything the best I can if were gonna do it here, Im sure I will need to work with a TG member to get stuff approved, right? If so, just let me know who I need to talk to and ill PM him/her and get this thing moving! I got a pretty decent sized bbq grill, a big cooler, plenty of networking equipment, and soon a nice server for us to run a LAN game on! WHOS DOWN?

Comment

Originally posted by MrShawn305 View Post
            Im sure I will need to work with a TG member to get stuff approved, right?
            Nah.... Just have to get enough people to say they'll show up!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              Nah.... Just have to get enough people to say they'll show up!
              Well hell, lets get this ball-a-rollin'! Spread the word! Who's down?!?! I suppose a good question to ask is what games will be involved? Well to be honest I'm not sure myself. My current selection includes CS 1.6, CS:S, DOD:S, BF2, POE, Vietnam, Dice City (Vietnam Mod), BF1942, Pirates Final (1942, LOTS of fun), Desert Combat (1942), and probably some others. I don't have a console system but I do have a copy of Gears of War from when I had my 360. If you all have another game in mind, let me know and I will see if I have it, if not I will see if I can get the server files for it!

Comment

I would totally go to TekRepublik if they hosted us but I can't go very far at all.

Comment

I'll go, but I would like a stop over at a shooting range.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                    Someone has gotten bitten by the bug....

:D
                    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                      Ooh, I'm down for that! I can bring a couple of pistols and a decent amount of .40 ammo...

For me, the pros and cons are turning out like this:

Victoria: Free LAN, but have to bring my own machine. Unknown location to most of us. Hotels? Cheaper or more expensive than Austin?

Austin: TekRepublik has machines with all the games already installed. Zilker Park is quite nice. Hotels are pretty cheap. Beatnik cooks.
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Sure wish I was still living in New Mexico. I'd make the drive for an event like this.

Comment

Hey, I dont care where we do it! If we all agree that Austin is the best place, then Austin it is! I will look up some rates for some hotels nearby. I know we have a super 8, and I think a courtyard. There is a park here, its nothing really special, but it is decent sized and nice. I figured we could just have the bbq there so we could play while the food cooks, eat, then play some more. Or play while eating :D That is a good point that tek republik has games already installed. My question for that is how much are the rates per hour, and do they sell all day passes? And another thing that we should probably think about, regardless of where it is hosted, is carpooling. Gas aint cheap right now and if a couple of ppl live near each other it would be a great way to cut the costs of attending.

Comment

I'm down, but it would either have to be a bit closer to San Angelo or get somebody to pick me up as they drive through. Gas is to expensive to take my vehicle.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X