No announcement yet.

Powering a guitar amp in Europe (buy new one?, converters?, other?)

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Powering a guitar amp in Europe (buy new one?, converters?, other?)

    I am purchasing a new electric guitar soon and I would love to take it with me when I go on foreign exchange to Belgium next year. Barring any objections by my host family, I would like to have a small practice amp while I am there. Currently I have a piece-o-junk Fender amp rated for US 120volt power and 55,000 Hertz. I have scoured the internet and found no really helpful answers, so I am turning to you guys for help.

    Basically, I need to know what my options are for getting/using a guitar amp in Europe. I guess I would be willing to buy a converter, but I don't want to scare the crap out of my host family if I bring in some step-up/step-down monstrosity.

    Those of you who know nothing about amps can look at this as a purely electrical problem:

    I need a 15-40 watt amp that runs at 220 volts (I would like the power to be at the same frequency, but I have read that this does not affect the functioning just the sound) OR I need to convert my current Fender amp (specs: 28 watts, 60 Hz, 120 volt).

    Thanks for all the help.

    PS- I don't think this should go in Hardware simply because it is not a computer-related topic.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."



TeamSpeak 3 Server


Twitter Feed