Friday 13th!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 13th!!

Jesus died after the last supper which had 13 people at it while he was crucified on Friday.

Anyone believe in this hocus pocus superstition?

Re: Friday 13th!!

Nope, just another day of my life, same as B-days.

Comment

the two have nothing in common.

When Jesus sat down to the Last Supper, he did not do so on a "Friday"

The actual day of Crucifixion was the 14th day of Nisan in the Hebrew Lunar calendar which does not correspond to "Friday" in the solar calendar of Rome.

the entire superstition is a very recent concept in the western world. The earliest known reference in English occurs in a 1869 biography of Gioachino Rossini:

"...if it be true that, like so many other Italians, he regarded Friday as an unlucky day, and thirteen as an unlucky number, it is remarkable that on Friday, the 13th of November, he died."
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

If one is to look for symbolism in this event, it is far more important to look into the apologetics of why Christ went to His Passion at The Passover.
        sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Eeevil View Post
          If one is to look for symbolism in this event, it is far more important to look into the apologetics of why Christ went to His Passion at The Passover.
          I would love to hear your take on the subject
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Nah but I did see a car accident happen today while driving on the freeway,
            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X