Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys help I think I am addicted to a game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys help I think I am addicted to a game.

I just can't stop playing X-Com UFO Defense. I don't think I have played anything other then X-Com for the past week.

Around last Saturday I decided to actually learn the game and it's just a UFO nut's dream.

My only real complaint is that they should have used modern day (game takes place in 1999) weapons to add to the atmosphere. Maybe it's just me but having the Interceptor be a F-15 would have been nice.

Comon Take Two hurry up and re-release the rest of the games.

For those that don't know you can play X-Com UFO Defense on Gametap. Membership is 99 cents for the first month and 10 dollars for the rest or you can get the 59.99 pack. The sequel X-Com Terror From the Deep is available on Steam for 5 dollars I think.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Guys help I think I am addicted to a game.

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
    I just can't stop playing X-Com UFO Defense. I don't think I have played anything other then X-Com for the past week.

Around last Saturday I decided to actually learn the game and it's just a UFO nut's dream.

My only real complaint is that they should have used modern day (game takes place in 1999) weapons to add to the atmosphere. Maybe it's just me but having the Interceptor be a F-15 would have been nice.

Comon Take Two hurry up and re-release the rest of the games.

For those that don't know you can play X-Com UFO Defense on Gametap. Membership is 99 cents for the first month and 10 dollars for the rest or you can get the 59.99 pack. The sequel X-Com Terror From the Deep is available on Steam for 5 dollars I think.
    You have discovered one of the best games ever created. God help you.

I only played it briefly myself. But I remember wanting to play it very badly after only a couple of hours of play time.

I really liked Gametap and I am thinking about getting a new subscription.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Does it have a free trial period? I want to test it first

Comment

X-Com UFO Defense almost led me to ruin one semester of college. That game was absolutely the best sci-fi RPG I have ever played. I loved it. Game Tap you say? I may have to play it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamers View Post
          Does it have a free trial period? I want to test it first
          Unfortunately no. Their 99cent for the first month is their "free trial".
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

dont worry eventually you will forget to pay the electric bill and then go though massive withdrawl and if you survive you will not have a problem anymore
            I will not place claymores in my front yard.
            I will not place claymores in my front yard.

Comment

What no link? There are addicts to feed around here!

- -

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
                Unfortunately no. Their 99cent for the first month is their "free trial".
                Awww pooo >.>

Comment

X-Com UFO Defense eh? Ah, the memories. A game that sytle had never been done better since.
                  "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                  -- Red Forman

Comment

People are still trying to turn a profit off this game?

This is abandonware as far as I'm concerned...

Comment

Um, that was rather Duh. You consider it abandonware even though you have people right here wanting to pay to play it, and someone has a distribution license to let them. You're saying just because it's old, it should be free?

We better let the record companies know that Elvis music should be free too then, I guess.
                      :row__639:
                      sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

XCOM (and a few other classic games) was available for free on a PC-Gamer disc a few years ago. Might go looking for one of those..
                        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
                          People are still trying to turn a profit off this game?

This is abandonware as far as I'm concerned...
                          Take Two currently has the X-Com license. There is a rumor going around that Kevin Levine (BioShock guy) is working on a new X-Com title.

Just because of how hard the game is I really don't have much hope for a new X-Com game. I mean I can imagine it being fun but matching the first game sounds very unlikely.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I hope it is like X-COM Enforcer. That was a decent shooter. Most levels were 5-15 minutes long.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I am expecting it to be a strategy game. He claims to have a ton of respect for X-Com so I think he would want to do a strategy game first.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X