Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 3 is official.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/splash.html

Will you get it? How long have you waited for this?
    Discuss.

Re: Diablo 3 is official.

I don't know, D1 & D2 I just couldn't get into, my friends played it, I would play it off and on. It just seems kind of a grind fest to me, If they make more quest and a good long story because I remember beating D2 in a couple of nights.

I would say somthing like Hellgate with out the future and guns.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/714/71...0&RSSid=885115

The screenshots look promising, hopefully the story can back it up.

Comment

http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Can't wait for this puppy. SC2 should tide me over till then :D. <3 Blizzard.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Diablo 3 owns me. No other game in history have i lost more girlfriends to. I expect nothing less from D3. I would sell my soul to satan for this game.

Comment

Oh hell yeah im gettin' Diablo 3. Diablo is the best RPG out there.
          "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by Snail88 View Post
            I would sell my soul to satan for this game.
            Kinda the point, innit? :P
            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

"Meh".

D1 and D2 were nothing special... hell I don't think ANY Blizzard games have actually ever been that great. I can accept early warcraft just because RTS was brand new back then, but frankly I've never seen Blizzard do anything really revolutionary. I think most people just get excited about Blizzard simply because it's unpopular to think otherwise.

Starcraft is the most laughably overrated, underwhelming game of all time, with the Halo franchise a distant second. The singleplayer game was insipid and uninspired, the races were shameless theft of Warhammer IP, and the multiplayer aspect succeeded for reasons that most people don't realize.

Homeworld had a far better single-player, Total Annihilation had far better technology and gameplay, and Starcraft had better multiplayer, for only three reasons:

- A map editor that featured scripting.
              - Custom map settings games.
              - Battle.net superseded clumsy IP-based lobbies and had good netcode for 28-56k connections.

These are the reason for Starcraft's success - not the gameplay, not the balance (that took years and years of patching to get right), not the exploits (which there were only a bajillion of), not the story, campaign, races, or any of that.

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
              Oh hell yeah im gettin' Diablo 3. Diablo is the best RPG out there.
              DIABLO IS NOT AN RPG

Honestly, not even Blizzard was dumb enough to think the game was an RPG. For the love of god, just because a game has XP doesn't make it a freaking RPG.

(This may or may not be a major pet peeve of mine... seeing as how RPGs (real ones) are my favorite genre of games)

Edit: I just watched the gameplay video for Diablo 3.

All I can say is that Blizzard is sure giving Xbox developer's copy-paste skills a real run for their money.
              Last edited by Uranium - 235; 06-28-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Ummm... Diablo *IS* an action RPG.

And Blizzard is well-known for quality games. I'd go on the record by saying that it's a company impervious to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
                  "Meh".

D1 and D2 were nothing special... hell I don't think ANY Blizzard games have actually ever been that great. I can accept early warcraft just because RTS was brand new back then, but frankly I've never seen Blizzard do anything really revolutionary. I think most people just get excited about Blizzard simply because it's unpopular to think otherwise.

Starcraft is the most laughably overrated, underwhelming game of all time, with the Halo franchise a distant second. The singleplayer game was insipid and uninspired, the races were shameless theft of Warhammer IP, and the multiplayer aspect succeeded for reasons that most people don't realize.

DIABLO IS NOT AN RPG

Honestly, not even Blizzard was dumb enough to think the game was an RPG. For the love of god, just because a game has XP doesn't make it a freaking RPG.

(This may or may not be a major pet peeve of mine... seeing as how RPGs (real ones) are my favorite genre of games)
                  I would own a console if it wasn't for blizzard. They have been making solid games for a long time. They may not be "revolutionary" but they have replayability and fun factor, thats all I need in a game.

Although Diablo does not have all rpg elements, its does have many, I would consider it and RPG.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

My feeling is... WHY dont they go back to making MMOs this way? Anthropomorphic goodness ala Ultima. Diablo3 is a prime example of what you can pull off in a non-1st/3rd person format using next gen. GPUs. Also, it's MUCH more doable in the console deparment (you can guarantee D3 will be a console game as well).

Hell, I'd settle for a Hellgate or GuildWars type format for D3. But the standard old-school coop./FFA Diablo stlye never appealed to me. Maybe a format similar to "Dawn of War" where coop campaigns are doable, just add a common area for socialization, housing, and fighting.

I mean, I'm still gonna PLAY this :) But c'mon..

Lastly, you all DO realize the entire Diablo series is just a ripoff of that old-school standup action arcade (multiplayer) RPG from the 80's right? It's name eludes me right now though.

edit: I remember now... GAUNTLET

Comment

Looks nice.

Diablo 1 was great. I also of course lost my virginity to Diablo 2.
                      Skud

Comment

Personally I can't stand modern mmos, I don't know why, I like the diablo style of play.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Polska View Post
                          Personally I can't stand modern mmos, I don't know why, I like the diablo style of play.
                          Which is why modern MMO designers should take notice of D3's impending success.

Comment

Originally posted by Polska View Post
                            I would own a console if it wasn't for blizzard. They have been making solid games for a long time. They may not be "revolutionary" but they have replayability and fun factor, thats all I need in a game.
                            This. They're polished, they're solid, they're lasting, and, most importantly, they're fun.
                            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

My sardonic wit strikes again:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse