X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL2... it's HERE!

woot! I am sooo gonna beat it when i get to play it! :D

Re: HL2... it's HERE!

Unlocked everything this morning and looked at the menu screen for a couple seconds, but can't play it for a couple hours yet :( Planning on going through the Half-Life: Source training level before I start HL2.

Comment

I unlocked it and played a bit this morning.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

You guys should have seen Apophis unlocking it this morning. Everytime something unlocked, he clapped like an excited 3 year old. It was awesome!

Comment

Sigh ...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I had gift vouchers for the local games store so it effectivly cost me nothing, not played it yet however :icon11:

Comment

Originally posted by ----paranoid----
              Well sadly i got up this morning and turned the PC on while i got ready for work. Steam validated the files and i could have played then, but i went to work.

I have just got home and after reading the forums i will be off to have a little play :icon_wink
              I did the same thing. I only had enough time to watch the unlocking process begin and then I had to head off to work. Now I just need to trudge through these new forum posts so I can go play myself some HL2!!

I'm going to make an HL2 TS channel for anyone playing SP that might want to share some hints/tips/etc...
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I don't get this one bit.

I went to the store, bought the game and it installed OK. Next thing it tells me I need to login to steam, easier said than done when the demand has been so high today. After all that it verifies my CD key, fair enough but now I have to wait for it to unlock some files?! I thought that's what installing the game did in the first place, all I ask for is to play the game I just bought!

Comment

lol E. You are nuts dude. Why not go to the store now that its out? I've got a dvd burner if that can help you otherwise you may never get the game.

I have heard of one guy on dial-up who managed to finish all the pre-loads before today. Still crazy though :).

Comment

I got it today.

All I can say is..

WOOT! Awesome gameplay! Smooth with me too! I love this game! I'm on the car part now... just getting into it that chapter :D

Comment

Which car that stupid dune buggy thing. God I swear all i want is a warthog.
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                        Which car that stupid dune buggy thing. God I swear all i want is a warthog.
                        lol. i hate the buggy too :P

Comment

What an incredible game!

I am getting some intermittent stuttering on my screen which I suspect is a driver issue (I hope anyway) which is really annoying.

I'm trying to get out of Root Kanal, trying to make the jump off that plank of wood (the teeter-totter) which is proving to be way more of a challenge than it should be :icon_lol: . EDIT: Derrr herrrrr, helps to bind a key to sprint...

From the graphics engine to shooting combine soldiers while underwater and oh, Alex... it is simply awesome and I'm sure most would say that to one degree or another lives-up to the hype. Fantastic gameplay!

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
                            helps to bind a key to sprint...
                            Is that a control that I need to look for in CSS? I didn't notice any controls that were different from the original CS when I was re-doing my keybinds. T'would definitely suck if I'm the only CS player that doesn't know how to sprint...

Comment

In CS: S you will have a bind for walking as one is always running in CS: S by default. In the HL2 options however you will have a bind for sprint and it is crucial you bind it as I learned. You will always be walking in HL2 by default and you will need to use the sprint key to run. HTH

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X