Larry Harmon (Bozo The Clown) dead at 83

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Harmon (Bozo The Clown) dead at 83

I know there are a lot of kiddies on these forums who have no clue who this guy is, but I am about 30, and I grew up watching this guy and his sidekick Cookie. Main thing I remember are the pies in the face and the ball toss game. Every time a kid would loose, I would sware if I ever got a chance, I would win that game so easy........... :row__572:

Reading the article, I had no idea there were a few Bozo at the same time. I am sure the one I was watching was from Chicago. I was living in the south, and remember trying to figure out how I could get to Chicago to be on the show, even though it was completly across the country.

Good part of this starts after a bit in, but anyone recognize his voice?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LZiDOcUNqQ[/media]

Also, got to say I really don't like clowns though. Creepy.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Larry Harmon (Bozo The Clown) dead at 83

Of course there were many Bozoes. Bozo is a product, not a person. Create once, license ad infinitum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
      I was living in the south, and remember trying to figure out how I could get to Chicago to be on the show, even though it was completly across the country.
      While I wasn't a person called to go up and play the games and win stuff, I did win tickets to the Bozo Show in Chicago and went as a little kid. It wasn't all that exciting, though that could possibly be a product of the studio audience being huge (I'm talking like, giant auditorium huge) and my seat being in the back.
      [squadl]
      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Oh yeah! I remember Bozo! I bet most kids these days don't know that Krusty on the Simpsons is based on him. Looking back on things, though, Bozo was kinda creepy looking. I liked that show, but I've always pretty much hated clowns.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I used to practice the Grand Prize Game with my cousins every day...we were so certain we'd be on the show and would have our epic win one day!
          | | |

Comment

I remember watching bozo wayyy back when.... Another loss....

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Watched in the 60's. But it's a hazy memory.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X