Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Slurpee Day!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Free Slurpee Day!

    Ladies and Gentlemen, Today is July 11, or 7/11 in the US and Canada, which means that it's Free Slurpee Day at your neighborhood 7-11 Store. So hop on down sometime today and get a freebie of everyone's favorite frozen drink.

    Note: this is usually only in the US and Canada in July. Most locations format their dates the other way around, where 7/11 is November 7th, so feel free to check your 7-11 outside the US and canada, but if they're not giving away the free slurpees today, you have to wait until November.

    No, this isnt a hoax, Ferris always speaks the truth, as you know. Feel free to check out the following article for proof:
    http://www.7-eleven.com/newsroom/articles.asp?p=2246
    Note: as of 5:00 AM, the site is down from being flooded with visitors. Try later in the day.

  • #2
    Re: Free Slurpee Day!

    Man, I moonlighted at a 7-Eleven for a while, and I must say that July 11th was one of the worst days of that job. What a mess. People are slobs. And ungrateful.

    But I've enjoyed a free Slurpee every year for the last 4 years!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Free Slurpee Day!

      Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
      Man, I moonlighted at a 7-Eleven for a while, and I must say that July 11th was one of the worst days of that job. What a mess. People are slobs. And ungrateful.

      But I've enjoyed a free Slurpee every year for the last 4 years!
      Yea I would feel bad for the people that work there during this time. When people here something is free they figure they own it and it is not a gift...

      MMM Slurpeeeee....



      Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

      Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Free Slurpee Day!

        There's not a single 7-11 in my area. I am disheartened.
        [squadl]
        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Free Slurpee Day!

          Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
          There's not a single 7-11 in my area. I am disheartened.
          I used their store locator and put in my zip code (where I know there isn't a 7-Eleven), and then scrolled on the map over to Fort Worth and nothing showed up on the map. But if I searched for Fort Worth, bazillions of little symbols showed up all over the map.

          Not sure if this is what you did, but I'd try to start your search with the nearest medium-sized city.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Free Slurpee Day!

            Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            I used their store locator and put in my zip code (where I know there isn't a 7-Eleven), and then scrolled on the map over to Fort Worth and nothing showed up on the map. But if I searched for Fort Worth, bazillions of little symbols showed up all over the map.

            Not sure if this is what you did, but I'd try to start your search with the nearest medium-sized city.
            There's a 7-11 at Summit and 7th, in downtown Ft. worth! I can walk there! Woohoo!
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Free Slurpee Day!

              Jeez, the last 7-11 store that was even remotely close to me closed down about a year ago. That was almost 30 miles away and the store locator on their site doesn't even show a single one that is even in my state. BUMMER!!! I wanna move now, lol.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Free Slurpee Day!

                Yeah, but you have sheetz, so dont friggin complain. I'd give my left arm for an MTO most days.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Free Slurpee Day!

                  Just got back from 7-11! Unfortunately they're dinky little cups, but if I felt like it I could always come back again :).

                  I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Free Slurpee Day!

                    GOD I LOVE SLURPEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    They don't have 7-11s in SE North Carolina, and when I first moved up to Washington DC 3 years ago, first thing I did was stop and get a Slurpee. But guess what happened. The valve had frozen up or something and so I just sat there with it wide open wondering what was wrong, the all of a sudden the plug moved and Coke Slurpee exploded all over me. I mean ALL OVER ME. Lucky I had crap moving cloths on, and just threw them away. Still bought a Slurpee.

                    Now that I am back in NC, I am feigning like an addict.

                    LINKS

                    * *


                    Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

                    -Carlos A. Urbizo-

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Free Slurpee Day!

                      Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      Yeah, but you have sheetz, so dont friggin complain. I'd give my left arm for an MTO most days.
                      Well, the closest Sheetz is probably still a 2 or possibly 3 hour drive up a twisty road, seriously twisty road, the kind that takes 10 minutes to go a mile. That is also the closest place for me to buy Utz potato chips as well. Guess I need to move closer to the Sheetz or move back to MD again, lol. I feel so left out in WV, nothing really good around, they don't even know what scrapple is and no stores sell it as well.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Free Slurpee Day!

                        Originally posted by msdz View Post
                        Well, the closest Sheetz is probably still a 2 or possibly 3 hour drive up a twisty road, seriously twisty road, the kind that takes 10 minutes to go a mile. That is also the closest place for me to buy Utz potato chips as well. Guess I need to move closer to the Sheetz or move back to MD again, lol. I feel so left out in WV, nothing really good around, they don't even know what scrapple is and no stores sell it as well.
                        Scrapple is the most gawd-awful nastiness I've ever had in my whole life! It even beats out Menudo in terms of sheer grossness. I had it in Delaware once. And supposedly, this restaurant's scrapple was the best around. Blech. Just so people here know what we're talking about, please elaborate on the ingredients.
                        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Free Slurpee Day!

                          OK, my grandmother use to make it homemade and I seen her do it a few times. Basically scrapple is the meat from the head of a hog, boiled of the bone and then seasoned to taste like sausage. The head of course is cleaned of the skin, eyes, ears and stuff like that. Then about half the pork liver and heart are added, some people have used about 1/4 of the brain but can be done without and most store bought commercial scrapple is done without. Of course all the seasoning that would normally go into making sausage taste like sausage. After that is all in and cooked together well then white corn meal is added till it is a thick consistency. When it is just the right thickness it is poured into bread pans and put in the refrigerator to cool overnight. The next morning you pull it out, slice it about 1/4" thickness and then coat it with flour, fry it up in bacon grease and then enjoy. Taste a lot like plain sausage, now... makes you wonder what goes into sausage?!?!

                          Most store bought scrapple such as Kunzler from PA DO NOT take the ear drums out of the head or add to much liver giving it a very bad bitter taste, trust me, you can definitely tell when the ear drums are left in cause of the bitterness it will have. Rappa scrapple that is made in Delaware and is the best to buy. Also another variation to this is instead of adding white corn meal add steel rolled oats which it is then called giotta or something such as that. That is more of a western states deal, such as Ohio, Kentucky and farther west out to Nevada I believe I had read.

                          Now for a sure to like recipe of scrapple...kinda homemade.
                          1 pound of sausage
                          1 cup of pork broth(chicken broth will work as well since pork broth is hard to find)
                          1 cup white corn meal
                          Mix together the sausage and broth and cook till done. After it is done add white corn meal. Pour into bread pan lined with wax paper for easy removal and let cool overnight then pull it out and slice into 1/4" slices and roll in flour and fry till desired texture(usually crispy).
                          OR you can make scrabbled eggs and mix the scrapple in with it. Whenever I make scrapple for the next morning my kids and wife start raiding the sauce pan before I have time to get it in the bread pans, it is already fully cooked so no harm is done when they do.
                          I got almost my entire in-laws loving the way I make my home made scrapple. If a person likes sausage then they should like scrapple made this way.

                          Esskay is another brand of scrapple I do not recommend anybody getting and trying if they have never tried scrapple before.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Free Slurpee Day!

                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

                            From http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bismarck#Disputed

                            Laws, like sausages, cease to inspire respect in proportion as we know how they are made.
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

                            snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

                            Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Free Slurpee Day!

                              Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                              Scrapple is the most gawd-awful nastiness I've ever had in my whole life! It even beats out Menudo in terms of sheer grossness. I had it in Delaware once. And supposedly, this restaurant's scrapple was the best around. Blech. Just so people here know what we're talking about, please elaborate on the ingredients.
                              You've obviously never had Haggis. Imagine the tastiness of sheep's heart, liver and lungs, raw suet (sheep kidney fat) combined with onion, oatmeal, and spices, wrapped up and boiled INSIDE the sheep's stomach! Cant you just smell the goodness from here?

                              Speaking of tastiness, I'd give my right arm for a Sheetz MTO hoagie right now. Yes, the lingo in western Pa rubbed off on me when I lived there. Hell, after I left I said "yinz" for almost 6 months.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X