WoW beta end...a few tidbits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW beta end...a few tidbits

So the beta ended tonight. Character wipe included. (thank god)

Blizzard also announced today that they *WILL NOT* be releasing the names of servers prior to release. Their weak reasons involved "We don't want everyone to pick the cool names" (which will be done anyway...released now or not) and "We have some servers that may or may not come online at launch, depending on volume. If we release the names before launch, large organizations will choose the primary servers and the newer servers, as they are brought online, will be significantly underpopulated." (which will ALSO happen if they released the names now or not).

Guilds, in general, particularly large ones, are going to be on the moment the first servers are up and ready for login. So you're not going to have large pre-existing guilds on your backup servers anyhow.

Whatever...Blizzard was never very good at giving reasons for things.
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Re: WoW beta end...a few tidbits

Meh, server names.

My guild (Hordeurves) will be on an east server. Several of them will probably pick a server on release day and rest will follow. The server will probably be posted on http://www.hordeurves.xtracrispy.com/ (currently offline). We will only have a forum for the time being, perhaps a website in the future.

Guild is open to anybody interested [currently: me, turbinator, 52Cards, Sasuke (if he plays retail), Numbers(my cousin, played at TG a couple times in the past); <- people you might recongnize and about 15 others we met during the beta (whether they all choose to come back in retail is unknown)].

If you are interested, catch me on msn ([email protected]) or drop me a pm.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Might do an alt. with you guys. Primary guild is going to be Twilight Eclipse - and we'll be on PvP. You all?
      Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

i kinda dont want to be on PVP server, too much grief for my taste. PVe servers offer plenty of PVP fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid
          Might do an alt. with you guys. Primary guild is going to be Twilight Eclipse - and we'll be on PvP. You all?
          Well if it was solely up to me, then no, my guild wouldn't be on a PvP server. I'm more of a PvE RPing person. A couple of people have expressed their interest in PvP though. If anything we may create another guild on a PvP server in the future. For the time being chances are we will be on a non PvP east server.

PS - cousin set up a small page for announcements. Don't know what's happening with the forums currently. If the forums aren't up by retail, will post informaiton there. http://nums.cyxz.com despite what it says, forums aren't up hehe. I guess the guy in charge of them is messing around with them.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
            i kinda dont want to be on PVP server, too much grief for my taste. PVe servers offer plenty of PVP fun.
            Honestly, there was no griefing in WoW. Not that I saw anyway. The PvP that I was ever involved in (killing and being killed) was good fun.
            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

http://www.xtracrispy.com/forum/ seems to work now. Head on over and make an account if you want, elt me know if there are issues with account creation (I can make you one if you wish). I don't know how many people will be returning to Hordeurves (8 or so for sure) since beta ended quite abruptly and our forums address changed.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X