Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koala's: Stronger than you think!

article and headline taken from www.fark.com:
    Koala hit by car traveling at 100 kph, hangs on to front bumper for 12 kilometres, continues hunt for Sarah Connor

Koala dubbed Lucky Grills after car face-off

Posted July 15, 2008 08:24:00

A koala has cheated death after being hit by a car travelling at 100 kilometres an hour and dragged for 12 kilometres with his head stuck through the car's front grill.

The three-year-old male koala was hit by the car on Dayboro Road, north of Brisbane.

But the driver was not aware of the unlucky hitchhiker until she stopped 12 kilometres down the road at the Petrie train station.

Amazingly, the koala was not badly hurt despite being found dangling from the front of the car with its head and arm wedged through the vehicle's grill.

Staff at the Australian Wildlife Hospital on the Sunshine Coast have dubbed the koala Ely 'Lucky' Grills.

Manager Gail Gipp is still shaking her head in disbelief.

"He was very flat and unresponsive for a couple of hours, but a bit of TLC and some feed and some fluids and a bit of pain relief because obviously he would have had a headache, he was up and eating and doing really well," she said.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Koala's: Stronger than you think!

My question is how in the heck did she not know she hit something at 100 Kph...I mean seems that would make a BIG NOISE.....Dang Woman Drivers..."JUST KIDDING"...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Yeah, looks like if I hit a crow doing 50 MPH and it sounds like I tore the whole front of my car out from under me she should have heard the thud at 100 KPH(about 62 MPH).

Although I have hit white tail deer and hardly made a moise either, so I guess it is possible but the smaller the animal is it does seem like it makes a lot more noise sometimes. A little frog or turtle pops when they are hit, I get so mad when I see people here in WV purposely hit box turtles just to hear them pop.

Comment

I was once on the freeway on-ramp (cloverleaf setup) and two hummingbirds in mating flight dove in front of me and jammed into the gap between the bumper and grill of my minivan. Made a pretty solid thump. I found them dead when I stopped. (I still feel guilty about it, even though there was nothing I could do. But, then, I feel guilty when I flush a spider down the drain in the shower.)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Why can't people have their eyes on the road?
          It is not many Koalas left in this world, why not show a little sympathy, and keep your eyes on the road.
          Look under your chair!

Comment

Originally posted by Nexon View Post
            Why can't people have their eyes on the road?
            It is not many Koalas left in this world, why not show a little sympathy, and keep your eyes on the road.
            You don't drive, do you?
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

No I don't drive... yet.
              Look under your chair!

Comment

Nexon, you would find out that keeping your eyes completely on the road is very tiresome. You have to move your eyes around to see some of the sites a little as to keep the mind from getting so drained and when the mind is drained the whole body will feel tired. That is the reason a lot of people actually fall asleep at the wheel, they aren't able to keep their eyes wondering, especially at night time when their eyes basically can only see what the headlights show up. Any truck driver will tell you that.
                Plus new drivers tend to pay attention to the road better than veteran drivers, their eyes only go maybe 1/2mile ahead while an experienced drivers will go farther out.
                When you start driving you may actually be aware of the things that are closer to you than a veteran driver but only in front of you, not all around you . A veteran driver will know what is up ahead better, plus with their "wondering eyes" they will see more completely around them, because of this their eyes may go over something and not see it as a threat to them until it is to late.
                One other thing... wild life is unpredictable, you can be the best driver in the world but you can never know when an animal is going to dart out in front of you and if travelling at a good speed it is almost impossible to stop in time. I have killed at least 10 deer in the past 4 years, I now have a nice bumper on my truck that should kill an elephant if they wonder in my path, lol.

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39qdhbkTko4&feature=related[/media]

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by † Disciple † View Post
                    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39qdhbkTko4&feature=related[/media]
                    ROFLMAO!!! I am not sure but I think that was Disciple doing the voice over work. I couldn't tell for sure because he didn't use the word GAYRAGE! :row__534:

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X