Joint Operations Typhoon rising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Operations Typhoon rising

I played this game a long time ago, when i didnt have internet and played LAN with some friends and bots.. did anybody else here play that game? I think it was great and really required tactical skill, and Huuuge maps!! You could transport hmveess on these hoverboats or buggys on chinooks. That game now reminds of a better predecessor of PR (just option wise, everything you where able to do ingame).

Your opinion pls.

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: Joint Operations Typhoon rising

Played that game and BHD which was my first online gaming experience. Great games that really set the bar for some tactical games. I do believe TG had a JO server, not sure though.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

i mean 150 players on one map is just awesome right?

Comment

Originally posted by creepinshadow24/7 View Post
        i mean 150 players on one map is just awesome right?
        i never played JO when it was big, i was still to far into BHD. But when did join games a couple years ago it was amazing to see servers running that many players and have hardly any lag or problems. But JO became to much of a kiddie CSS CAL type game that it dint take long for me to move on.

BHD on the other had was my game for a couple years. M24 sniper rifle...mmmmm
        -Vulcan

Comment

i actually never played JO online :( i didnt have internetz, but occasionly i had a friend come over to my house and we played over LAN, 2 humans against a buttload of bots. good times i remember him and me taking a dune buggy and as we where approaching the enemy base :"I had a nice time serving with ya" and jihadded into the crowded city full of hostiles (they even had civies iirc!)

and another think i liked was the high level of kit customization, different uniforms countries tannings ;) and weponz of course.

drool...

ohoh, and actually every building in any huge city was enterable! And i remember these assasinate the insurgent commander missions. they where the most fun!

Comment

Many of us old hats met playing JO. That game actually marked a new era for TG IMO... after which BF2 carried the torch.

JO was a game that was perhaps ahead of its time. A few have talked about even resurrecting it because frankly it's a great game. The BF series really killed it though simply because it was so much easier to organize and play.

A good, hardcore JO game was really tough to put together. To me it's like the father of Arma. Yeah, you could play it and it might be fun... but, it only really shines with organization and skilled players. One of us should throw up a server and mess around...

Comment

JO was a great game and had a good following of sound players here for a while. We were part of another site's coordinated league for a bit. Good fun there. The main weakness was the lack of good coop play. The bots were to unrealistic to make it fun.

I had some crazy fun on those dirtbikes too. Some of the terrain was just made for it. I might have to dig that out again ;)
              New to TG?

Comment

JO was THE game that sparked my interest in online gaming. I spent countless hours having a blast on servers populated with 150 people! There was simply so much to do in that game, and the maps were AMAZING.

If TG hosts a JO event, I will be there...
                |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                  JO was a great game and had a good following of sound players here for a while. We were part of another site's coordinated league for a bit. Good fun there. The main weakness was the lack of good coop play. The bots were to unrealistic to make it fun.

I had some crazy fun on those dirtbikes too. Some of the terrain was just made for it. I might have to dig that out again ;)
                  Squid nailed it here. The coop play was the problem. Most of us and other gamers were used to great GR-style coop play... the concept of hyper-organized MP play on large servers was a bit too new at the time. In comes BF2 to make things smaller, quicker, and easier for folks to swallow... and bye bye JO.

I'll never forget the endless arguments about gear in JO though. The amount of weaponry and their uses sparked up some interesting conversation, especially with the old vets.

Comment

Thats the game that brought me to TG. I had some great times playing it. I even dusted it off a couple of weeks ago and loaded it back on. The big servers are gone and they dont support PB anylonger so lots of cheats in play. But i can get many honest kills that make me happy. In fact i was having a convesation today about JO and wishing they would come back with an updated version.

Comment

Hey Guys,
                      Noob here IBU-28. I play JO almost exclusivily. We have a server KFH [killersforhire.net}. We use Vent for VOIP. The thing that I like is the ability to drive 80% of the vehicles. My game play is almost always COOP. I tried COD4, was just runnin and gunnin, unless u played the COOP from the CD, those were great. Come check us out.

Comment

DId not want to open another thread, I wondered what the status on the game is ? I played it for a bit but disliked that despite all the potential the game had there just werent any tools built in to coordinate such huge battles.
                        Are mods out or the like that that upgrade the game with a squad system or any tools to organize games ?

Comment

im going to go out on a limb and say this game isnt really a game worth playing anymore. if you can find a "clean" server its really just run and gun. Was a great game when it was new, but now its just a typical FPS pubbie game.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

It was a fantastic game. Mega-bump but I just saw there was a reality release mod release for it at the end of last year. Just in case anyone is interested;

http://www.psyphon.com/joint-operati...d-update-2-5-1

Novalogic never seemed to realise the potential of the game unfortunately, and then BF2 came along with integrated VOIP and everyone was playing that.

Comment

I wish my disc wasn't scratched to hell, or I would have installed again weeks ago. It might sound a little goofy to you guys, but I had JO when I had no internett, and had no idea what a LAN was... So I just constantly played training missions

Good times. I think I finally got internet when Jo started dying. only s few server were polpulated, even few had more than 75 players. None had 150.

That one training mission, the one where you had to assault an island controlled by a bunch of indonesian rebels, that one was hard as hell. I could never get enough coalition troopers to land in enough of force to assault it properly....

Oh yeah, my computer was also so bad that I always ran at like 10 fps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X