Looking for a good air soft gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good air soft gun

I'm in search of a better air soft gun than my remmington tac-1 shotty. I've been looking a G3 MPEG or a DE UMP M89 MPEG. I'm starting to get in to air soft a little more now.Ii want something that is more accurate and that shoots faster than at least 300 fps. I open to any suggestions that the TG community has to offer.

The site I've been using is airsplat
    CoD4= -Shogun.jacK-
    CoD:WaW= Ravedout

Re: Looking for a good air soft gun

I havent checked in with the airsoft stuff in a long time but I remember seeing someone with a 400$ Ak47 AEG that shot like crazy, was one kickass gun, he had the Drum mag. for it and everything,

And a friend of mine has one of those regular spring powered sniper rifles, which when you think about it doesnt sound like anything but it shoots pretty much like a pellet gun.
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

i dont like airsplat, i guess ive grown away from it.

www.redwolfairsoft.com

they are in china whihc makes shipping rediculous but they are THE #1 airsoft weapon provider.

aternate www.airsoftgi.com

ive heard GI has Terrible customer service and return/replace issues but there guns are really nice.

www.hobbytron.com

you get what you pay for.

im second command Shadow Force - recon divison - sniper class
      primary - Arctic Warfare Magnum (custom Type L96) - 500FPS bolt action
      secondary - MP5SD6 - 350FPS 800RPM
      side - Glock 18 1:1 repilca 300FPS

MARPAT and a Ghillie suit + Winchester rifle glasses

you say you like G3s? ill try and get you a direct link to something good but since your pritty new go with either CYMA Tokyo Marui or Well they are the best company's for a stable reliable rifle.

theres also TSD but ive never been impressed by the range of there guns the Hop ups must be weak. but they are the toughest guns ive met i put my TSD shotgun though hell mudd rain water and it came out firing hellfire (but let my idiot friend borrow it for 1 game and the stock breaks off)
      Last edited by Capt. Obvious; 07-16-2008, 11:17 PM. Reason: forgot TSD!
      I will not place claymores in my front yard.

Comment

G3 - http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...il?prodID=8939

good TM motor with upgrade options up to sniper level (400FPS+) starting power is about average (265FPS) redwolf wants $247(USD)

[media]http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/TM%20SG1-L.jpg[/media]

UMP - http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=17883

this is a really nice gun id like this :) FPS is the standard for a CQB gun 260 (CQB MAX is 300-350FPS autos 400 single action) redwolf wants $280USD

[media]http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/star-ump-l.jpg[/media]

ALSO FPS is only 1 part of the equation! a low FPS gun can still move a bb far or hit hard. TSD are notorious for building guns that take all the enegy from the spring and send it along with the BB. theres also the Rate of Fire barrel length, motor quality.

Comment

Do your research and buy Chinese guns. They're not so bad if you know what and whom to buy from. Jap and American guns are overpriced and typically require upgrades to get any speed from em stock. Also, dont buy anything over 350fps as you'll be banned from any organized function unless you're a spring sniper. In which case, the gun aint that expensive anyways.... 'cause it's only a single shot springer.

Stay away from gas. Stick with AEG and springers.

I've got an M-14 with G18 as a sidearm. I can put the M-14 into "sniper" mode with a bipod and scope (and a taclight), but it fires full auto at about 340fps if I want to (very accurately). When I go CQB I switch to the G19 (with a laser site).

My brother has a REALLY nice G36 and a gas Mac11 sidearm (the only gas gun I'd recommend.) Also Chinese. These he bought from Atlanta Airsoft. (whom i highly recommend)

I highly recommend buying 2 guns if getting serious into airsoft - one of which should be a sidearm. A Tac Vest is a MUST, but again... only buy chinese or else you'll go broke. I've got a clone Tac Vest that's better then most military issue but only $50. The equivalent "real" version is probably around $500. Make sure the Vest has a back pocket for a camelback so you can stay hydrated and make sure it'll hold the clips of the gun of your choice (including the sidearm). A radio pouch is handy too.

And I recommend you buy ALL this stuff simultaneously to save on shipping and get better deals. Many times those Chinese sites will throw in an extra clip or a box of BBs, extra battery, etc. if you spend "x" amount. Dont buy a full face mask unless it's got a fan in it or else it WILL fog up. There are some nice new airsoft quality glasses/goggles you can buy nowadays that are nice.

My last recommendation is to buy a nice hobby quality (like for R/C Hobbies) NiCd/NiMH battery charger. You'll be everyone's best friend at the field with it when you can quick-charge 4+ packs in 15 mins or less. 1 pack will last you all day.

Good Hunting!

p.s.
          I bought most of my stuff from Evike: an AGM TSD M14 and a Matrix M18 (glock-G18). With tac vest, bbs, clips, laser sight, and a host of other stuff - the whole package was $250. And when I showed up at the field everyone wanted to buy my gear off of me - and they had specced out Tokyo Marui gear.
          http://www.evike.com/

Yes, most of their gear is "Matrix" (which means it could be a variety of chinese manufacturers)... but again, if you do your research before-hand you'll be alright. Some Matrix is good, some is bad. My brother's Matrix G36 was a pretty "famous" gun in airsoft circles - it was actually tough to get... but overall was one of the best guns you could buy - and really cheap.
          Last edited by Gambit7; 07-16-2008, 11:49 PM.

Comment

like i said redwolf they are chinese but Tokyo Marui is Topgun they make some of the best motors in the world also cheap handguns while i remember , there are about a billion Glock and M1911a1 airsoft gun models so chances are you can get those easy. as for tac gear try and find it at a local Army Navy surplus store so you can make sure it fits. its usally a bit more expensive but trust me its worth it every time. and they usaly carry replica version stuff so they will have the $500 suit but they should have the 50 dollar one (i have a replica Veitnam style grenade vest i got for $15 at my local surplus store plus my indestructible economy grade boot:) )

My Choice of Handgun - i will be buying this from a local dealer -http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=20839

[media]http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/KWC-DESEAGL-GAS-L.jpg[/media]

the local dealer sells me ammo and recently he got some of these and let me test drive one... ZOMG just ZOMG i doubt youd want one of these as its not at all a novice weapn and like all gas guns requires maintenance up the ying yang but ... i got a taste.. me want...

Gambit mentioned a TSD M14 i have the same thing its a monster i love the thing. pin a fly to the wall acurate. i had mine custom painted woodland my one complaint is its a noisy gun.
            Last edited by Capt. Obvious; 07-16-2008, 11:52 PM. Reason: EDIT: M14

Comment

Do keep in mind that buying the clone tactical gear (the imitation C.I.R.A.S. vests and the like) hurts the companies that provide the real deal gear to the guys that need this stuff.

Also keep in mind that should you go with the moral choice and buy the real deal (again, say you get a CIRAS from Eagle Industries), then that's one less vest for the guys that might need it in the fight when they deploy.

I'd purchase a warbelt and a few magazine pouches. Get yourself a hydration bladder so you don't get thirsty. All the other stuff (helmets and vests and the cool-guy imitation CCOs for your weapon) is just playing dress-up. I bought a Tokyo Marui AK-47 and a war-belt which I'll strap some surplus gear I have lying around from the detritus of equipment you accumulate after a few years in the military. Two mid-cap magazines and I'm good to go.

I'm not knocking anyone who runs around the forest looking like Capt. Scott Mitchell from GRAW... just saying that it can be excessive and detrimental in ways you might not have considered. Besides, wearing all that crap gets hot and uncomfortable. The real deal guys load out with what they need and what they're required to wear. Just my two cents.

Comment

Camelbaks are wonderful! camo gets hot so hydration paks are great and widly availbe at sports stores

i dont know what branch your from Gillespie but did you know a Marine will run him self into exhaustion? our Heavy gunner is a USMC guy and once he got left on his own cuase we where all dead and he isnt a good tactics person so he just kind keep running and running and running and then he fell over and i had to go get the Med kit out of my Benz.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                  Do keep in mind that buying the clone tactical gear (the imitation C.I.R.A.S. vests and the like) hurts the companies that provide the real deal gear to the guys that need this stuff.

Also keep in mind that should you go with the moral choice and buy the real deal (again, say you get a CIRAS from Eagle Industries), then that's one less vest for the guys that might need it in the fight when they deploy.

I'd purchase a warbelt and a few magazine pouches. Get yourself a hydration bladder so you don't get thirsty. All the other stuff (helmets and vests and the cool-guy imitation CCOs for your weapon) is just playing dress-up. I bought a Tokyo Marui AK-47 and a war-belt which I'll strap some surplus gear I have lying around from the detritus of equipment you accumulate after a few years in the military. Two mid-cap magazines and I'm good to go.

I'm not knocking anyone who runs around the forest looking like Capt. Scott Mitchell from GRAW... just saying that it can be excessive and detrimental in ways you might not have considered. Besides, wearing all that crap gets hot and uncomfortable. The real deal guys load out with what they need and what they're required to wear. Just my two cents.
                  The vests our govt. buy for our soldiers are a joke. My mother-in-law used to make them (she's a seamstress). They paid her minimum wage and charged $500+ for vests of the same quality as my airsoft $50 version. It's a ripoff and I'd rather not line the pockets of Halliburton types who run sweatshops (full of illegals) to put our soldiers in overpriced gear paid for by the taxpayer. Those folk are people I dont mind hurting. And trust me, they have PLENTY of tac vests to go around - they make SURE they do at those bloated prices.

Nevertheless, I wouldnt go to airsoft w/o my tactical vest. And I DO use everything on it. Try spending all day in the field doing mil-sim with just a fanny pack - aint happenin.

p.s.
                  My mother-in-law got very upset when she saw me in my tac-vest because she thought I'd spent too much money; knowing how much the tac-vests she made were (before I told her how much I paid). When I DID tell her how much I paid for mine she got even more upset (because she was taken advantage of), and thought I was lying. She worked herself to the bone making $100 tac vests that were being bought by the taxpayer for $500+... of which she saw no money from.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Obvious View Post
                    Camelbaks are wonderful! camo gets hot so hydration paks are great and widly availbe at sports stores

i dont know what branch your from Gillespie but did you know a Marine will run him self into exhaustion? our Heavy gunner is a USMC guy and once he got left on his own cuase we where all dead and he isnt a good tactics person so he just kind keep running and running and running and then he fell over and i had to go get the Med kit out of my Benz.
                    Heat casualties happen. Tell your hard-ass Marine to drink more water.

Comment

Those GBB all-metal Desert Eagles are nice CaptObvious. My brother TRIED to buy one but got sent a crappy plastic one and sent it back for the G36. He ended up buying a Mac11 GBB sidearm. Here's the vid: :)

[media]http://216.117.133.92/mac11shorty.avi[/media]

[somehow my prior post on this got deleted... probably because I used the media link]

Comment

yep.. he is a moron.. but hes our moron and he won (cause we had to stop the game)

Comment

The $500 also goes towards the kevlar soft inserts, and also to the outstanding customer service that these small companies that service the SF community (most of these companies bend over backwards to serve these guys simply because the community is so small and tight-knit that should a company get a bad rep, they may as well close their shop).

You're starting to drift out of your lane when referring to the small companies I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                            Those GBB all-metal Desert Eagles are nice CaptObvious. My brother TRIED to buy one but got sent a crappy plastic one and sent it back for the G36. He ended up buying a Mac11 GBB sidearm. Here's the vid: :)

[media]http://216.117.133.92/mac11shorty.avi[/media]

[somehow my prior post on this got deleted... probably because I used the media link]
                            if hes using the Mac11 ive tested at the shop its a mean little bugger i dont like Mac11 and Uzis becuase there uncomfortable but i have a friend that dual wields Gas UZIs i cant, cause i have wrists but its pretty impressive. but as ive said all gas guns are for advanced players whom can care for the gun properly. the shop owner also let me try the ABS plastic one two and the only diffrence was the price. ABS is tough dont be discourged by plastic guns my sniper rifles plastic but it will shatter a pickle jar (yes i did that)

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                              You're starting to drift out of your lane when referring to the small companies I'm talking about.
                              Well, we're probably talking about different animals here. I am from Miami mind you... land of corruption. Those Kevlar inserts have gotta push the price past $500 I assume also eh? Those cant even be sewn by hand.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X